[ CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE]

2010, Mystic Falls

                  Annoyance marred his features as he pushed at the chest of the once ruthless ripper

                  Annoyance marred his features as he pushed at the chest of the once ruthless ripper. Much to Klaus' disappointment, the man he'd once considered a good friend had lost his touch. He was no longer fighting.

When Stefan glowered at him, nostrils flaring in rage, Klaus almost looked amused till Stefan used his hands to push Klaus away.

Before Klaus could retaliate, eyes darkening at the audacity the vampire had, the sight of Elijah and Damon Salvatore caused him to pause.

His brother was standing awfully quiet, the look in his eyes knowing which made caution run through his veins.

Damon had an infuriatingly smug smirk stretched across his lips, which only deepened his paranoia.

His vibrant blue eyes flickered to the waitress behind his brother, who was holding a serving tray. The silver tray was covered with a red cloth, hiding whatever was beneath.

Shifting his attention to his brother, Klaus narrowed his eyes. "Elijah...why haven't you left?"

Outstretching his arms in a confident manner, Elijah tilted his head to the side. "Where are your manners, brother? We forgot dessert."

Without moving his gaze from Klaus, Elijah pulled the cloth of the tray, throwing it aside. As soon as he saw the three silver daggers laying on the tray, Klaus' features immediately paled.

Damon watched with a smirk as the colour drained from his face, he suspected the big bad hybrid was afraid of his siblings, but more specifically; his wife.

Shaking his head, Klaus lowered his voice to a growl. "What have you done?"

"What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now." Elijah exclaimed, squinting in disbelief before stepping aside.

Strolling past Elijah and Damon, confident smirk in place, Kol Mikaelson barely spared a glance at Stefan as his dark gaze focused on Klaus.

Though he seemed calm, Klaus knew his volatile and impulsive brother better.

"Kol." Klaus breathed as Kol smirked.

Following his brother as he began to back away, Kol chuckled. "Long time, brother."

Stefan watched with amusement from the side lines, standing against the wall as the almighty Klaus Mikaelson showed fear.

Before Kol could even lay his hands on Klaus, Finn rushed into the room, plucking a dagger from the tray.

"Finn, don't." Klaus warned before Finn plunged the dagger into the hybrid's outstretched palm.

Fury coated the elder siblings features as he pushed the dagger in deep, relishing in the painful yell that left Klaus' lips.