19

My heavy eyelids begged me to let them rest, as I forced them open. A white light blinded me, but soon calmed down to reveal the beautiful blue sky. The sound of waves crashing against the shore made me realise where I was.

"I'm alive." I lifted my body and examined it. "Im alive!"

My heart dropped when I saw my friends, who almost looked dead.

"Guys? Guys wake up." I shook everybody awake but they didn't move. "Come on, wake up." I shook Ricardo violently before he jolted awake. A sigh of relief escaped my lips and I hugged him.

"Where are we?" He looked around as I went to shake Irina awake.

"Irina?" She didn't respond. "IRINA!"

"AAAAAHH!" She punched my jaw as she jumped awake.

"What the fuck Irina?" I held my jaw as I helped her up.

"Sorry, reflexes. Where are we?" She asked as she stood up.

"An island." Ricardo replied.

"Wow I didn't notice." She sarcastically said as we all turned to wake Rocco.

"Rocco?" I took a stick and poked his face. "ROCCO!"

"Hmm 5 more minutes." He muttered. We looked at Irina before she leaned down and violently slapped his face.

"OW! What was that for? Where are we?" He stood up before we all examined where we were.

"We must have crashed onto this island." I replied, looking at out little boat destroyed into pieces.

"I knew we were too stubborn to die." Rocco said, a victorious smirk on his face.

"How are we going to get off of this island? What if theres wild animals? Or lions?" Irina paced around, panicking.

"Calm down Irina, I know our parents will notice we're missing and they'll search for us. I bet they're panicking for us right now." I assured Irina.

Meanwhile on the cruise...

Gianni and Chase are reading newspapers on the deck of the ship, enjoying the breeze. Gianni lowers his newspaper in confusion and turns to Chase.

"Have you seen the children?" He asked as Chase lowered his paper to think.

"They're probably enjoying their last week on the boat." Chase shrugged and they both returned to their papers.

Back to reality...

"For now we need to find shelter, food and water." Ricardo ordered.

"Okay, lets split up and see what we can find." Irina nodded before we separated in couples.

Me and Ricardo headed off into the jungle behind us. It wasn't long before we found a tree with coconuts.

"How do we get up there?" I asked, looking up at the towering tree.

"Step back, I've learned this in my wilderness survival camp." He bragged as I rolled my eyes and gestured for him to go ahead. He climbed the tree, as I watched in awe, Rocco and Irina joining us in the jungle. He almost reached the tree before Rocco mischievously shook the tree, making Ricardo fall off and bump his head off of a rock. We all looked at Rocco in shock before we ran to help Ricardo.

"You're bleeding." I helped him stand up as Irina slapped an amused Rocco in irritation.

"Hey, at least we got some coconuts?" Rocco said and lifted up the coconuts in his arms. I noticed Ricardo's wound bleeding heavily so I tore off a piece of my dress to use as a bandage. Ricardo seemed disoriented so we went to find shelter.