CH.6: KYOSHI

CHAPTER 6:
KYOSHI.
Anisha P.O.V

"You're. . .my guide?"

"Yes, Anisha," Kyoshi nodded.

"Oh, uhm, wow. . .I apologize, but I don't know what to say," I replied, bashful.

"I know you don't think highly of yourself, especially after your battle with Prince Zuko," She pointed out.

She's right.

I let him overtake me. I let him capture me in order to keep the warriors and the island safe.

"And yet I'm supposed to marry that boy," She chuckled.

"He is a complicated one, Anisha, which you will have to learn. When he is ready, he will share his past with you and you will understand."

Tears started flowing from my eyes as fear started to envelope my body.

"Anisha, he would never harm you."

"It's. . .it's not that. . .well, a part of it is, but I'm just terrified of becoming a wife. Just a wife to fulfill some kind of destiny, carry children for a legacy, I never wanted that. And then what? Once I'm done, he'll have no use for me and just. . .just throw me away like the monks did."

"I know you're scared, and that is okay, but Zuko is not like that."

"I want to believe you, Kyoshi, but I saw nothing but wrath in his eyes."

How could someone like that be my future husband? So cruel and full of hatred.

"I was raised to abstain from these things. Then suddenly, I'm given a tablet and they want to send me away to learn how to be a good wife. . .I don't think I've ever even pictured myself being a mother one day," I expressed.

"Roku warned me from telling you this, but damn these rules," I perked up.

"You have a beautiful life ahead of you, Anisha. Yes, there's going to be a lot of struggle and you will doubt what I say, but you have a beautiful family and one day, you will understand Zuko and you will feel nothing but the greatest love for eachother," Blood rushed to my cheeks at her saying all these things, and I could actually see it.

"Huh!" A gasp escaped my throat as my eyes and tattoos flashed for a second, but in that split second, I felt it.

It felt extreme warmth. It was comforting, and I wanted to go to it and envelope it within my arms. It felt safe and I felt something that I've never felt before with this warmth.

"What. . .was that?"

She smiled,"That's something you'll have to find out for yourself."

///
Avatar Kyoshi is Anishas' Avatar guide.