06 i wouldn't have taken you for a tighty whitey guy

"YOU ARE AWARE THAT I'M A MINOR, RIGHT? SO YOU CAN'T TECHNICALLY BE INTERROGATING ME WITHOUT AN ADULT PRESENT

"YOU ARE AWARE THAT I'M A MINOR, RIGHT? SO YOU CAN'T TECHNICALLY BE INTERROGATING ME WITHOUT AN ADULT PRESENT." Talia told Sheriff Shoupe as he sat on top of his desk, looking down at Talia who sat upright in a chair, her arms crossed. He rolled his eyes at the girl, knowing she has a smart mouth.

"I'm not interrogating you, Talia. Just having a chat until your mom comes to pick you up." He told the girl, rolling her eyes at the mention of her mom.

"Whatever, I'm not saying anything anyways." She told the sheriff, slumping farther in her chair as she looked around the police station, officers running about busily. She anxiously tapped her foot, trying to keep her mouth shut. She bit her tongue until words just bursted out of her.

"Okay, let me just say that John B and I did nothing wrong. That guy was crazy and-"

"Talia Clair!" A shrill voice shouted, a voice that Talia could recognize anywhere. Maria Thornton, her mother. She rolled her eyes as her mother walked up to the desk, slightly stumbling. Talia knew she had already thrown back a few drinks, but you wouldn't be able to tell from her appearance. Her hair was still perfectly placed in her updo, her pearls falling gracefully around her neck.

"Mother." Talia groaned, as she smiled brightly at Shoupe.

"Sheriff Shoupe. I am terribly, deeply sorry for whatever trouble my daughter has caused. Thank you for bringing her in and teaching her a lesson." Her mother said sweetly, her tone making Talia want to vomit.

"Of course ma'am, it was no trouble. Only thing you have to do is pay her bail, which isn't much. You may also want to pay her friends, he doesn't have anybody and I really don't want to keep him overnight." Sheriff Shoupe explained, to which Maria nodded.

"Of course." She told him, not wanting to ruin the family's image as perfect philanthropists, helping anyone in need. Talia knew that was far, far from the truth. Her mother gripped her arm, yanking her out of the chair and towards the front desk. Talia caught a glance at John B, who was sitting in Peterkin's office in the same position she had been in moments ago.

______________

"Thank you, Ms. Thornton." John B said as him, Talia, and her mother walked out of the police station towards her G-Wagon. She stopped and looked at the boy up and down, disgust painting over her face.

"Don't even start with me, young man. If I don't get every penny of that bail money back, there will be hell to pay. Understand?" She told him, gulping nervously as he nodded. This was the first time he had ever met Talia's mother, and now he understood where the girl got her intensity from. She turned on her heel towards the driver's side of her car, instructing her daughter to get in. Talia stayed put, the weight of the compass suddenly feeling heavier by in her pocket.