41

As soon as I woke up dad was already rushing to get everything ready, his rushing only panicked me.

God I have so much to do today.

First task is to find something appropriate to wear, there's no time to buy anything new so I'd have to borrow something.

" Storm I told Abdullah next door about what's happening, he gave me a traditional cloth to wear and  he said you can borrow Rehmas clothes if you want to" oh thank God he's a life saver.

Running past him I rushed into Mr Abdullahs open door, the man knew I was coming. As I entered the living room he was coming out of Rehmas  room, a smile graced his old face when he saw me.

" my beti quickly Rehma has dresses on the bed go get ready ok" he yelled in his Arabic accent. I absolutely love it, the way it breaks his accent lips through in every word makes me smile.

" thank you uncle" no not literally, in the Asian community any considerably older male is referred to as uncle, even if you don't know them.

Before I walked past him he ruffled my already messy hair lovingly, I swear that man never leaves my hair alone.

" uncle we spoke about my hair"

" pish posh as the white people say" I couldn't help but laugh, it is what the white people say. He's a smart man.

I opened Rehmas door happily, she's already rushing around the room putting dresses together.

" Riri, you ok" her eyes twinkled happily, she's either really happy or slightly high. Oh well.

" no talking, your boobies are massive so this is probably my only outfit that'll fit you, go change and come back out we have less than 10 minutes" holy poop, I didn't even look at the outfit she handed me properly before I undressed and pulled it over my body.

I blindly made my way to the mirror and once the dress landed neatly on the ground I gasped in shock, it's beautiful.

The cream under dress looked classy by itself but with the black long cotton cardigan it looked it even better. I could wear this forever.

Turning with a smile I glanced at her variety of hijabs in the draw.

" can I wear the nude one"

" hell yes, you beautiful thang" she squealed the whole tome as she tied the hijab around my head.

" how do I look" I asked turning to look in the mirror once again, I don't even think I need another opinion

" how do I look" I asked turning to look in the mirror once again, I don't even think I need another opinion. Who says the hijab isn't beautiful!!

I felt like a princess.

" you look like a QUEEN, but no time to cry about it dads waiting for us impatiently."

Nodding my head I slipped on a pair of her sandals

Fast walking out of the room I was about to run to my apartment when Uncle Abdullah gasped, looking up I smiled at his shocked face

" beti you look like a princess, we need to protect you from the evil eye" oh no not again!!

" no! uncle...."

"  stop it young lady, I do not want any stupid women cursing you" here we go again.

He took out a frying pan and splashed water on it.

I don't understand the whole ritual but apparently it stops curses from working on you.

" baba not again!" This time it's Rehma, she groaned before stalking towards me.

" he needs to calm down"

" he's Arabic you ever think that'll happen" she's right he won't. Speaking of him, he came back towards us with the pan. Rehma and I leaned forward so he could start.

Ok so I've never understood what he says but from what Rehma told me apparently he's praying to God we don't get harmed or cursed.

"All done my princesses now get going, look at you making everyone late!" Typical, he always makes us late but never blames himself. He's a KING and no one can change it.

Jumping up from the sofa I didn't make it far when dad entered the apartment, his white long traditional outfit adding the extra pazzaz. It really suits him.

" you look beautiful" he said proudly, I nodded my head with a smile. Wow this outfit is making me feel shy too, what is going on.

" I've already warded the curse of my child now let's leave before Imam bhai gets impatient." And of we go.

It didn't take us long to reach the mosque cause it's just around the corner. Uncle Abdullah was telling me how its Friday and prayers have just ended so there might be a lot of people outside.

We were about to enter the building when someone called my name, turning towards the owner my lips curved up into a smile.

Shazia. She stood beside the charity bin wearing a long black dress, her hair covered with a white hijab.

" hello Storm" she mumbled as she got closer, guilt and sadness radiating of her small body. Bless her heart she's worried I won't like here.

To put her at ease I pulled her in to a hug to which she replied to instantly.

" oh gosh you do not know how happy I am that you are not mad"

" you saved my dad from himself and for that I will always be thankful"

With a massive smile she grabbed by hand and ushered me into the mosque.

" we will go to the women's side, from here we can hear everything but we won't be able to see anything" I nodded my head in understanding.

Shazia led me through a small corridor before stopping outside of a room, she took her shoes of and placed them on a rack outside.

" leave your shoes here and come inside once your ready" with that she went inside. With a sigh I slipped the sandals of and placed them on the small rack, the feeling of peace taking over my body.

Now I know what dad meant by it, I feel a cocooned in a bundle of love. Damn.

" storm?!" Oh no.