Chapter 31

Dance.

Dance wasn't my forte.

I was so bad at it that I think I have two left feet.

"Sorry," I apologized with sullen face. Once again I stepped on Aiden's foot.

Two meetings had already passed and yet we're still in the basic movement of dancing.

"One two three! One two three! Don't look down princess!" The instructor spoke loudly.

"You don't have to say sorry every time you step on my foot, sis. Like I said I won't feel any pain because of body enhancement. I can strengthen my skin."

Ahh, how convenient.

"One two three! One two three! Now twirl!"

"By the way, do you want to sneak out tomorrow since we don't have any lesson? The Winter Carnival will open tomorrow at the Central, let's go and watch the performance of the Viera Troupe," Aiden said as he lead the dance.

My eyes shone in excitement. I didn't care a thing about the carnival or troupe. The thought of being out of the palace wall made my heart beat faster as I say yes without any second thoughts.

"Alright! That's enough for today," our dance teacher spoke while the pianist stopped pressing the keys. "The party is coming so please do practice when you have time, princess. It would be bad if you embarrass yourself in your first appear in public. I'll see you next week."

When both of the teacher and the pianist were gone I quickly asked Aiden in panic, "Pa-Party?! What does she mean first appearance in public???"

"It is what she said. It's already been decided that you'll attend my birthday celebration," Aiden said walking towards the door.

Aiden's birthday was on January fourth which means. . I only have two weeks! But more importantly I'll be appearing in front of the public's eyes!

"Let's go, sis. We don't want father to wait."

News after news came hitting me on the head.

"Wa-why?" I think I might pass out. I don't have a single clue why would the king would like to see me.

"Did I not tell you that we'll be eating lunch with our father?"

No! No, you did not!

But I don't have any choice, do I? One way or another I'll be just dragged to where they want me to be.

One thing good about being a mortal was having to eat food.

As a being that used to be an immortal, we didn't have to eat since we don't get hungry but we could die from physical wounds.

Eating wasn't mandatory but it's something we do in the holy land once in a while, like a ritual. Delighted from the different taste of meals but it never satisfy us because we don't feel hunger. Satisfying hunger was foreign to immortal.

I stared at the food before me, I have long lost my appetite since Aiden told me we were going to eat with the king.