001 | if you cry, i'll cry tooo

she's a queen with a little bit of savage

AT THE BACK OF CLASS 3-5, Mizuki Sayeko sat at her school desk with a book clutched in her hand, one with several hundreds of crisp white pages, each gentle to the fingertips

AT THE BACK OF CLASS 3-5, Mizuki Sayeko sat at her school desk with a book clutched in her hand, one with several hundreds of crisp white pages, each gentle to the fingertips. Upon them was both the wisdom and insanity of the author's soul. The book in her hands was titled 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland', a novel written in 1865 by an English author named Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, although, at that time, he went under the pseudonym, Lewis Carroll.

The book was an enthralling one, telling the tale of a young girl named Alice falling through a rabbit hole into a subterranean fantasy world populated by peculiar, anthropomorphic creatures. That book, it was only accomplished and successful because of the writer's imaginative and poetic mind. The humble ink spread across the pages —although now printed out— was the liveliness of Dodgson's brain. Mizuki could imagine how his synapses danced and zapped around as he came up with such phenomenal and innovative ideas.

Absorbing the words on the paper, Mizuki became sucked into the novel. The lavender-haired girl zoned out the world, willing her imagination to take over, picturing the characters and the surroundings all in her head. It bewildered her how something as casual as reading could leave such an impact on an individual. Perhaps that was why she indulged in the act.

When she read, Mizuki forgot about everything around her. All worries and dreaded thoughts dissipated the moment the book was flipped open. Though most good things always come to an end.

"Sayeko-san?"

The said lavenderette tore her gaze away from her captivating book, turning to glance at the teacher who called for her. Mizuki noticed that all eyes were on her, their heads and body twisted to face the back of the classroom. The teacher, Rizu Arii, stood at the front with a textbook on mathematics in her hand. She stared at Mizuki with a slightly frustrated expression, forlorn with her student's insouciant attitude towards the class.

"Yes?"

Her voice sent chills down her peers' spines. Although the sound was mellifluous and saccharine, Mizuki's tone was anything but sweet. It was cold and aloof, reflecting the expression of her face.

"Could you answer the question on the board?" Mizuki's astute eyes shifted to the chalkboard hanging behind her teacher, analysing the information sprawled across it. With a sigh, Mizuki placed her book face down and pushed her chair back. She strolled up to the front of the classroom, gently taking the white chalk from her teacher's outstretched hand. Her eyes absorbed the knowledge, solving the equation in her mind.

Those that sat in the chairs behind her couldn't help but gaze at her in awe. No matter what she did, whether it was merely reading a book or writing on the board, Mizuki did it elegantly. She was the dictionary definition of elegance.