10 | the pits of doom

10 | THE PITS OF DOOM

Rey came running back to Poe and Celestia

Rey came running back to Poe and Celestia. The others spotted her frantic state and began hurrying over as well. "We have to go! Back to the Falcon. Now!!" Rey sputtered out her words, clutching her chest.

"Why?" Finn asked her quickly.

"It's Ren." That was all she had to say for them to know they were in severe trouble. He knew where they were. And they had to go soon. The group began to charge back toward the ship when they were stopped by a stormtrooper shouting "FREEZE! Hold it right there!" He spoke firmly with his blaster pointed at them.

The group halted to a stop. "I've located the resistance fugitives. All units--" The trooper was speaking into his communications device when he was stopped by an arrow piercing his skull. Everyone shot their head to the source, wondering if this new person was an enemy or a friend.

It was a masked man, his voice corrupted by the voice changing device in his helmet that disguised his face. He held his crossbow high and instructed the group to follow him. The group obliged, realizing they had a better chance at escaping and finding the wayfinder with this mysterious man than on their own. They entered his moving mobile home that was plowing through the crowd of dancing people. "Leia sent me a transmission." Hearing those words leave the man's mouth made Celestia relax a bit, somewhat trusting that he was with the resistance.

"How'd you find us?" Finn asked.

The man removed his helmet, revealing him to be Lando Calrissian. An old friend of Leia, and a reliable one, too. "Wookies stand out in a crowd." Lando smiled at his old friend.

"Told you." Celestia sighed.

Chewbacca exclaimed some happy phrase in Wookie that Celestia couldn't quite pick up, she just knew he was happy to see Lando. He gave the man a huge, warm hug--causing Celestia to release all suspicions of the guy. "This is General Lando Calrissian." Threepio introduced to the others that hadn't heard about him.

"We know who he is, Threepio," Rey whispered to the droid, suggesting that everyone had heard stories about him.

"It is an honor, General." Finn smiled brightly at the legend.

"General Calrissian, we're looking for Exegol." Poe cut to the chase.

"Of course you are." He proceeded to press a button on the device wrapped around his wrist. It projected a small hologram of the wayfinder. It was a pyramid shape, cover in intricate detailing, but still looking quite industrial. "Only two were made," Lando told them, which made sense as to why they were having such a hard time finding the stupid things.

"A sith wayfinder. Luke Skywalker came here to find one." Rey noted.

Lando chuckled. "I know. I was with him. Luke and I were tailing an old Jedi hunter," he pressed another button on his device to show the hologram of the Jedi hunter, "Ochi of Bestoon."