1 - Magic World

Cole is currently browsing a online shopping platform, looking for a [Gaming Helmet] because finally after all the hardwork and saving he can finally buy it! After all the procedures and paying through his e-wallet he let out a long sigh, a very long happy sigh.

Expect your package three hours later. Thank you for shopping!

Finally! Cole feel extremely happy.

This time, I'm on trend too. I can finally relate to all of their talks! Cole cheered in his head.

[Magical World] is a online game that is on trend all over the world. It's world phenomenal game. This is not just a breakthrough to a gaming world but also to human technologies. After the release of the game, different techs pop out like shopping online like your shopping at the very store, you can feel, touch and inspect it. It's like in the game.

[Magical World] is not like your normal online game where you'll play it through the computer, instead there is this thing called [Gaming Helmet]. It is as if your ticket, some say its a portal, to a place they called online world. They even called it online realm or the second world. The same as the real world, all the things in the world online is also felt real. You can feel as if there is earth beneath, felt cold when you step on the poodles of water, the roughness of the sand and even feel the breeze of the wind. And to make it more real you can even feel pain. The sting when you where hit with a stick, even when you were bit by a dog-like creatures. It feels horrible but felt real nonetheless.

But the good thing is you can adjust it, in the setting you can see a tab called pain receptor. You can adjust it to the point that the bite of the dog is like the bite of an ant. Its nasty but not too horrible.

After three hours, it finally arrived.

Feeling too giddy, Cole hastily unwrap it. He destroy all the plastic cover but not the box. He push the button and this what he see on the screen of the helmet.

Battery Charge: 80%
Estimated Operating Time: 17 hours
Alarm: <none>

It says on the manual that every 10% of the battery can operate 2 hours. The alarm is the time you set to awake. This is set to not affect the every-day life. For instance, a worker will start playing 9 in the evening and will set the alarm to wake up 6 in the morning. This way, you work in the morning in the real world and play in the evening when you sleep. Its like a second life.

In order to play the game the gamer should be unconscious or asleep. It's like your soul is transported to the different world. This way, even if you work, your body can rest.

Cole operated the [Gaming Helmet] and set it like these:

Battery Charge: 80%
Estimated Operating Time: 17 hours
Alarm: 6 (Military Time)

Like the other regular worker, Cole set the alarm like the usual time he woke up. This way, he have 2 hours to prepare and trip to his work. Fortunately, his workplace is near in his apartment so he have plenty of extra time.

After all the things is set, he put the helmet on his head and say the command, start! Like he was hypnotize, he shut his eyes and fall asleep and the [Gaming Helmet] start operating.

Initializing...
Connecting to network...
Downloading database...
Initiation Complete.

After the word pass, the screen outside start showing the clock and stop there. Thank goodness that the network connection of the helmet is free and has its exclusive signal tower for its stability.

Cole open his eyes and all that he can see is pure darkness. Second after, a screen pop out in his front.

Welcome to Magical World! Here, you can experience and fantasy world.

Lets start. Please chose your class.

Words appear on the screen and after that different figures of males, all look likes him but different outfits. He starts with a figure of him holding a staff.

Elementalist
Verse in different spells and fight using the force of nature.

Assasin
Lurks in the shadow. Verse in speed and poison.

Berseker
Fights using fist. Verse in close combat and physical attacks.

Archer
Has a sharp eyes. Verse in archery.

Tank
A shield bearer. Verse in enduring attacks and has great defense.

Healer
Verse in healing magic and support magic.

Tamer
Verse in taming magical beast and fights with it.

After reading all the descriptions, Cole finally select and without second doubt chose a tamer. The game has been released several months ago, therefore, before he plays, he already have an idea about this. He knows the different class and made up his mind before and that is a tamer. He don't know but he loves seeing those [Player] that fights using his beast while the [Player] is at the back issuing commands.

Cole arrive at the front of his animation holding a wolf like creature and touch it.

Do you want to be a Tamer?
<yes> <no>

Cole touch the yes button and the animation arrive in front and him and touch him after that it pops like a balloon and become smoke. The smoke fuse with his body but nothing particular happen. After that a screen appear in front of him and start showing different figures of animals or beast and it finally stop a figure of a turtle.

Congratulations! Your soul beast is a Blue Land Turtle!

Species Name : Blue Land Turtle
Beast Name : <none>
Rank : Rare
Potential : Arcane
Affinity : Space/Earth
Beast Skills : Void Bullet, Earth Tremor, Shell Withdraw

Cole feel very happy.

A space-type beast? Wasn't that rare? And a dual-type too!

Cole can't help think that he is very lucky. As if all the fortunes in his life was pour in this.

After the screen banish a blue turle the size of the palm appear in front of him. It open its mouth as if saying hi and banish and replace with different figures of what supposed to be a weapon and equipment. A book, staff, ring, wand and lastly a insignia. It stack up with one another and shuffle. Finally, a book appear!

Congratulations! Your soul weapon is a Summoning Grimoire!

Weapon Name : Summoning Grimore
Weapon Rank : Common
Potential : Arcane
Affinity : Space
Weapon Skills : Soul Contract, Soul Synchronization, Beast Summon/Retract

Every Player that set-ups their character, their weapon was also with them. And this is not a usual weapon, it is a [Soul Weapon]. A [Soul Weapon] usually is trash at first but as the [Player] level up, so is the soul weapon. It was like it was tailored just for you, some even name it 'gift of heaven'. And one of the good thing about soul weapon is that it was soul bound! Soul bound weapons can't be theft and won't fall when your character die. It is like glued to yourself.

Character set-up complete.
Welcome to Magical World!

After all the intricacies, Cole feel happy.

Finally I can start!

Cole's surrounding become pitch black. However, something unexplainable happen! The screen helmet outside become pitch black too as if it is off.