11 - Forest Edge Village

One month later, Cole was now in the edge of the forest. Not far from him, a human settlement appear. This is the place Bell called the city. However, it seems like the city she was referring to was actually just a village.

"It's not like I know human things right?" That was Bell answered when Cole asked him about the so called city.

No matter it was, it was stil, nonetheless, a civilization. Besides, since there was a village in sight now, city is probably not far from here. It will be no problem if he starts from here.

Cole retract all his beast and send them to the Inner World. He began to trace his steps to the Village.

The village was actually a farm village. In the center was the settlements while the outside was a farmland. They most likely creates a living in farming.

When he was walking towards the village, he saw a father and a seven year old son. The father was creating a hole while the child puts the seed inside the hole. They repeat the process again and again. They were so in gross what they were doing that they didn't know that Cole arrived near them.

The seed in the boy's hand depleted. When he was trying to fetch a seed on the pouch near his belt, the boy saw Cole in his peripheral view.

"Dad, there's a person in your back." Said the boy to his dad. The digging father turn his body to his back and saw a fifteen-year-old in his tattered clothes.

"Are you alright, boy?" The guy asked when he saw that the boy means no harm and part of it was the state the boy was. The guy arrived in front of Cole and study him.

"Yes, I'm alright." Cole answered. "I'm lost. I'm come from inside the forest and just got out now." He continue.

The guy gave Cole a scrutinizing gaze. If the boy was not lucky, he's probably strong enough to protect himself. It's not out of this world if a fifteen-year-old child was stronger than adult like him. Nonetheless, strong or not, the boy was now lost and needed help.

One of the qualities a commoner possess in this world was a strong judgment since they needed it to not to be cheated. So he knows that the boy means no harm and was just lost.

"Don't worry boy, your safe here now." The guy spoke. "My name is Richard and this child here is my only son and his name is Ricky." Richard introduced themselves.

"Hi." Ricky mutter while slightly waving at Cole.

Cole smile at the Ricky. In Earth, child this age was probably playing games on their phone while here, they were already helps to work.

"And I'm Cole. I'm fifteen years old." Cole introduced himself. "Is there an inn here or something?" Cole asked his purpose.

"We don't have an inn here." Richard answered. "But don't worry, we'll accomodate you." Richard added.

"Then, thank you very much." Cole said in gratitude.

Both Richard and Ricky was both skinny, too skinny. You can even see bones outline protruding in their skin. You can see that they dont have an easy life but still try to help him. You can really see how kind they are.

Richard take the seed pouch on Ricky's hand and said, "Come with him and send him to your mother. Say to her that he was our guest." Richard instructed.

Ricky nodded his head in understanding and arrive at the front of Cole. "Come, Brother." Ricky said then started walking.

Cole once again look at Richard and said, "Thank you very much." Cole spoke his most sincere gratitude and bow.