All about Bass

Adrian and Maddie were hanging out in the kitchen trying to whip up cookies when Dan Humphrey walked in.

"The door man let me up if that's okay" he shyly said.

"Oh it's no problem. Adrian, Dan, Dan Adrian" Maddie said motioning between the two guys before wiping her hands free of flour.

"Yes the prince I've heard so much about" Dan said creating awkwardness.

"So what brought you here?" Maddie asked.

"I actually had some questions to ask you... about Chuck- if you don't mind"

"That's no problem" Maddie hesitantly responded looking backing around Adrian still seated at the island.

"I'll go grab some coffee down the block" Adrian said jumping up from the stool and kissing Maddie before saying goodbye to Dan.

"So fire away" Maddie said sitting down on the couch. Dan looked around unsure of what to do but decided on sitting down as well.

"You have a nice home to begin with" Dan said trying to break the awkward tension.

"Thank you"

"So can you just tell me about Chuck Bass. Like who he is to you. Maybe something other people don't know?"

"Can I ask what's this for?"

"I'm writing a book and the main character is based off of ah Chuck, you know mysterious womanizer type character. I've been lacking on details and figured I'd come see you" Dan said.

Maddie was skeptical of Dan's reason. Dan and Maddie to begin with weren't the closest of friends, not even friends really, more like acquaintances, through Serena which isn't even a thing anymore. Plus with the dramatic events of the summer with Chuck, other people within the friend group would have be more of help than Maddie.

"Like just who is Chuck Bass" Dan repeated.

"Well that depends. Do you want to know about the nice side or the callous side of Chuck?"

"Both" Dan stated.

Maddie spent the next ten minutes or so giving basic details of Chuck. Information anyone would know if they spent time with him. The womanizer side, the caring side blah blah blah. Dan, however, wasn't impressed with the information Maddie as feeding him.

"He loves secrets, especially secrets of those who are close to him" Maddie said. " I mean you should even know that"

"That's great and all but I'm looking for secrets myself. Something nobody knows... maybe like how Bart deals business with your dad?"

"Oh I- I don't get involved with that. Chuck and I don't do business deals with our parents to even know"

"So you and Chuck don't exchange information from your fathers?" Dan asked.

"How do you know about that?" Maddie asked.

"Nate mentioned something. What's in the envelopes?"

"Nothing that I'm aware of. They are sealed and sent off with no questions asked" Maddie revealed.

"So you don't know about Bass' rumored scandals? I believe your dad is involved in one of them"

"Look I don't get involved. I think this is over"

"Do you know about the fire of '87. Bart Bass had just bought his first property from your father but it had gone to flames a few days later"

"I know nothing"

"You dad is also accused of hiding and shuffling properties for Bart Bass" Dan continued. "Do you know anything about Chuck's mother? Was your mother paid off by your father to leave"

"That is none of your business. Where did you even hear that?" Maddie asked. She had never heard anything like that before. Her father always told her that her mother left, abandoned them.

"Look Maddie I'm not trying to upset you. I just heard from someone from your dad's office-"

"You went to my father's office? Are you snooping around?"

"I visited Bart too as well. He had a lot to say about your father-" Dan continued.

"OUT NOW!" Maddie shouted beyond mad just as Adrian walked in with two coffees in hand.

"You speak of anything I told you and you'll be dead. I'll make sure no college takes Dan Humphrey" Maddie threatened.

"Is there a probably?" Adrian asked walking further into the penthouse.

"Dan here was just leaving" Maddie said crossing her arms against her chest.

"I'm leaving" Dan said as he scattered to grab his things.

"Are you okay?" Adrian asked engulfing Maddie into a hug.

"I need to go visit Chuck" Maddie quickly trying to throw things in her purse.

"You're always involved with him. I mean I know he ditched you in Europe but that doesn't phase you. You still are friends with a man who left you behind" Adrian argued.

Maddie knew this would ruin a relationship, her being friends with Chuck.

"It's not that easy to just not be friends. Blair, Serena, Nate, Chuck and I we are all the friends we have. No one gets us us like we do" Maddie explained.

"Including me. You know you walk out and I might have to reconsider this relationship" Adrian said all angry.

"If you love me you'll me do this. It won't only ruin his family but my mine as well" Maddie said standing by the elevator.

"I need to think about you and me" Adrian said running his hands through his hair. He took the elevator that had just opened by himself.

Maddie although she loved Adrain needed to speak with Chuck.

She headed over to the Bass family penthouse to find Bart talking with Dan.

"He's creating a story on the Bass and Rose family. Don't speak another word" Maddie called out startling the two.

"Is that true?" Bart sternly asked.

"It is" Dan said.

"How much to make this story disappear?" Bart asked.

"I don't want your money" Dan expressed before leaving.

"He has stopped by and began asking unusually questions. I knew I need to come over to stop him before it got out of hand" Maddie explained.

"Well thank you. Chuck would be rather happy to see you" Bart said about to call Chuck down from upstairs.

"I have to go" Maddie said at once exiting the penthouse. She now had to go convince Adrian they belonged together even if they meant not being friends with a certain Bass.