XXXV - Four Kingdoms

An hour passed after the call, and the dim horizon was now beaming with rays of light along with the deafening sounds of a helicopter above. I glanced towards the others, and they nodded as we slowly open the door and march towards the rooftop.

My eyes awed as I saw how many the Alvarez are. A colony of them were guarding the other side, the way to the main building and the zodiac room. As Hunter mightily open the door towards the rooftop, the heavy gust of wind welcomed us.

“Lexie! Logan!” I heard my father shouted. I slowly opened my eyes when leisurely the helicopter slowdown.

Our father immediately welcomed us with a tight hug. “Are you two okay?” He asked, and we nodded.

Our father’s eyes roamed around until it laid to Keigo and Richard. He was confused at first, but our attention drifted away when a familiar figure slowly walked out of the helicopter.

“Is this… Is this really real?” I felt the hot liquids slowly gathering at the corner of my eyes.

In the middle of a cold night, a warm smile slowly curved into his lips as the hot liquids plummet to my cheeks. Logan and I immediately run fast as we can in his direction.

“Kuya Lance!” A soft chuckle escaped from his mouth while we were hugging him tightly.

“My, my… Let’s do this later, shall we?” He smiled, and we nodded. “Let’s save your people.”

“Ang Scarlett ko!” Halos manginig ang katawan ko nang marinig ko ang nakadidiring boses na iyon. Agad naman akong tumago sa likod ni Hunter na sumunod sa amin kanina.

At kahit nagtatakha si Hunter ay hinarang n’ya ang sarili n’ya sa kaniyang lolo, “Daddy, why did you bring him? He’s mentally—”

“Wala kang makukuhang mana sa akin!” Sigaw ng lolo n’ya. Natawa na lamang si Hunter saka siya lumingon sa akin.

“Tell them your plan,” he mumbled.

I let out a sigh and looked at them. With the reinforcement from the four kingdoms, we can equal the numbers of our enemies. Our other subordinates were at the ground, waiting for Tito William’s commands. So, I told them about the Daedalus’ Labyrinth and its multiple passages that might lead to somewhere in the Phantom Academy.

The plan was to cut the crowded enemies into sections. With the command of each king in every family, the Alvarez must be section into four groups. And as they set as a distraction, our group will sneak to the zodiac room so that we will be able to operate Ophiuchus and counter the virus infecting the system. We need to force log out all the players, including the admirals of Alvarez, whom we still don’t know, by entering Darren’s kill code.

“Stay close, okay?” Dad whispered.

I snickered and looked at him with disbelief, “Dad, I’m Amethyst. Don’t you have a little faith in me?”

“You’re still my baby girl.”

Tito William, my father, and Kuya Lance accompanied us on our way to the zodiac room. We watched the four kingdoms marched towards the main building with the old man’s command. And just like what I’ve planned, they sectioned the Alvarez, making them scattered.

At habang lahat sila ay abala sa biglaang pagsugod, ginamit namin ang panahon na iyon upang gamitin ang Daedalus’ Labyrinth para makapunta sa main building kung nasaan ang zodiac room. Sinilip ko si Richard at saka naman siya tumango, dahil s’ya ang pinakaunang nakalabas sa amin sa DANIMA ay tiyak akong saulo na niya ang pasikot-sikot dito.

Tahimik lamang ang tinatahak naming daan nang bigla na lamang ako nakarinig ng isang putok ng baril. Pareparehas kaming naalerto at sa isang kurap lamang ay napapalibutan na nila kami.