[14] Remil and the Amber Boy

There is something wrong.

Or else Yuen probably dance his way out declaring his survival.

But no, he wasn't. There was this feeling that something isn't right on this type of change, given the slumping bodies of six idiots on their couch, or the last standing idiot who seems to be falling to the two-faced bug. Yuen expected things will go just as Claude seems lovesick to the heroine.

It would be reasonable if Yuen conclude this one because of his presence. There might be change since he showed up and trained the princes instead of being their classmate on the origin's plot. But that still doesn't make sense. If he's training them now, what is the connection between that to their sudden change of hearts?

Yuen sighs.

Whether it is right or not, as long as he can survive then that's definitely fine.

For now, I guess.

"Mister Yuen," a voice called, followed by a stop of someone's steps echoed.

Yuen turned, meeting the familiar face of Eure just meters away. He looked the same as usual, but once the butler's eyes travelled towards the living room, spotting exhausted bodies of the princes, he suddenly arched his brow. His questioning eyes landed back at the White Mage.

"Training?" Eure asks.

"It hasn't even started yet." Yuen answers.

Eure's face shows his confusion.

"Then, how come they're like that?"

Yuen gave him a look, "Ask them."

Eure went silent, he wasn't prepared to do such thing just yet.

•×•×•

Remil huffed, sweating.

"I-I've fi-- finishe-- "

"No you're not." Krey cuts off, a middle aged man with a large scar on his face, as he look down into an exhausted boy and to the pile of wood beside him. There was barely the given amout of the wood he ordered to the child, but the child himself is already at his limit.

"It's just 5 blocks of wood, you need to get 50."

Remil slumped on the ground, exhausted.

That same day, Remil waited till the sun go down and patiently look out for Krey to go back to the guild, which likely been the middle aged man's routine every single night. He didn't know why he does that, but he soon planted inside his head not to question it, since he shouldn't be pocking his nose where it doesn't belong.

Besides, he was done with training.

So that night, he sneaked out towards his target-- far from the safeness of Krey's home. But he didn't mind. He tiptoed towards the mansion, by passing the large border of the manor. He looked up and found an open window, but he was far too wrong.

Waaayyy too wrong.

He saw a curly mop of amber hair, before his eyes landed into a pair of soft crimson eyes, looking directly at him. It was like this when Remil decided to climb up the open window. And now they looked at each other for a good amount of time, before the amber boy flinch in fear, backing his steps away from the intruder.

"W-Who.. are you?" he asks.

Remil could barely hear the boy's whisper, it was so low it made him think whether it was just his imagination or the amber boy clearly just spoke. But what would he say? He's just an intruder? That he have come to kill the boy's father? Yet looking at the fragile amber boy, he was at loss of words.

Damn it, he couldn't say anything.

"A-Are you-- Are y-you going to kill me?"

"Do I look anything near on killing you?" Remil answered back.

The amber boy seemed more scared out of his wits.

Bad move, Remil.

"Look, I'm not-- " Remil spoke but he suddenly heard something just outside of the door. He went alarmed, immediately on motion towards the safety escape of the window. But he suddenly felt a grip on the tip of his cloak, stopping him to go far at the moment.

"W-Wait!" the amber boy stopped him. "Please help me!"

"What?"

Since the window is still open, the gust of wind flew towards them, smashing towards their faces. Luckily though, Remil's face was in the opposite direction, but it wasn't the case of the amber boy's situation. The wind blew out his curly mop of hair, much revealing the shape of his face and the glowing color of his cheeks. At first Remil thought he was blushing but-- there is no fdging way that the amber boy would be like that. Oh well, maybe the amber boy was embarrassed? Ah, yes. Maybe that was really the case.

"M-My name's Art..." Art flinch at the cold wind, "Can I.. C-Can I know your name?"

Remil stared at the boy for a moment, then towards the door, and into his cloak, then back to the amber boy again. He sighs before snatching back his cloak, before facing towards the open window.

"Remil."

With that, Remil jumped out the windown just as the door opened in the room.

"I knew you'd sneak out one day, you brat!" Krey angrily spats, but once his eyes soon fall towards the direction of the noble's mansion, the anger resides seem to lessen. "But I didn't know you'd gone this far for you're revenge. And much sooner too."

'Ah,' Remil soon realizes, 'Is that why he's out every night?'

He was back on Krey's residence, yet end up being caught in the end. He didn't expect thay the old man would be home earlier than usual, seeing the lights were on and the middle aged man was waiting in the living room for him.

"Did you sneak out to steal?" Krey asks.

"I didn't." Remil answers.

Krey looked at him seriously, examining the look of his face. Remil remained the same, looking directly at older man's eyes. Well, it's true thay he almost did sneak into the house-- not to steal and minus the amber boy incident of course. But other than that, his plan was fruitless.

"Look, I don't have much time left--"

"Are you gonna die?"

"-- NO YOU IDIOT!"

Krey's head were visible with pulsing veins, indicating his irritation, but he stops himself to hit the kid in the head.

"Someone got me an urget mission about two to three days or more." Krey informs, still stoping himself to smack the brat on the head, "You'll be at my friend's house for the meantime. I want you to train some more you understand? When I get back, I want you out of the shell of a brat and transform yourself to a man."

"But it will be just two to three days." Remil muttered.

"No buts, you brat."

Remil was left to comply, somehow thinking about the amber boy he left back at the mansion.

'Wait, why did that boy asked for help?' He thought.

Little did he know, the boy will become a big part of his plan.