↠ 21

You watched with slightly wide eyes as the other boys tuned in to what Namjoon was doing. Jungkook looked the most impressed. "You did this all last night?" He stared at the male with appreciation. "I couldn't even do my report in a week."

"That's your fault. You waited until the last minute." Hoseok spilled the secret.

Jungkook gave him a glare and mumbled something about broken trust. Namjoon just rolled his eyes but continued on with his mini presentation. "Well apparently ghouls are completely different from us. They have skin that's hard to pierce with an ordinary object. They have things that are called RC cells and get this. They look like us!"

"Now that is not weird at all." Taehyung commented.

All the while, you felt like you were sweating bullets. Why was Namjoon researching ghouls? You know why but why is he being so thorough?!

Namjoon hummed in acknowledgment. "Isn't it?" His eyes shone with excitement. "They're also stronger than us! They are capable of jumping to heights that we can't even reach! It's like they're from another universe. Ghouls have keener senses than us as well. Although I need to research that part more since I fell asleep..."

The rest of the guys stared at Namjoon in awe and you tried playing the act too. Though it was hard. There was another thing to add to your traits for your friends. Namjoon liked to research things and find the cause of them. Was it a good thing or bad? Definitely bad for you. It just felt that he was picking you apart.

Hoseok tapped the screen of his phone and sent an apologetic look to everyone. "I have to get to class." He gathered up his lunch to throw away and slung on his backpack. "See you guys!" A chorus of byes sent him on his way until Namjoon had to go as well and shook Jin awake.

The older male lifted up his head and blinked wearily. "Time to go?" Namjoon nodded and Jin got up to follow him. "Oh thanks for being my pillow." He smiled to which you returned. The duo left soon after and slowly the others left until it was you, Taehyung and Jimin.

Taehyung was bouncing his leg. "I think Jimin needs to go home and sleep."

"Does he have a class right now?"

"Yeah. I think I'll just send them an email from Jimin's phone." He opened up the sleeping boy's backpack and dug around for the phone. You just watched as Taehyung unlocked the phone with his fingerprint. They were really close to each other, huh?  You thought as Taehyung typed up something. "Now I need to get Jimin home and I think I can make it in time for my test." He muttered but you easily caught it.

The younger male started to wake the pink hair boy. Well, next class was supposed to be a lecture for you. It didn't really matter since the class notes would be posted online. And who knows who might be lurking outside? What if more ghouls come after him? There goes the guilt eating away at you.

"I can take Jimin home if you want." You stated as Taehyung paused in waking up the male. Why were you doing this? You need to distance yourself. Was guilt really eating at you?

"Are you sure? You don't need to-"

"I can do it." You sent him a smile. "You need to be back in time for your test, right?"

Taehyung nodded slowly and gave you the most boxy smile he ever had. "Yeah. Thank you!" He resumed waking him up. Jimin groggily blinked his tired eyes and slowly looked around.

"Hey, Y/N will be taking you home, is that okay?"

Jimin sleepily nodded.

"Alright. Get some rest." Then he turned to you. "And make sure that you have your phone ready to dial the police. Text me when you get there, okay?"

"Sure thing." You stood up and gathered your stuff.

"Thank you! You're a lifesaver. I'll text you the code right now." Taehyung took out his phone and sent a speedy text. "Remember to text me!" He took off to his class in a flash while you didn't have anything to reply with.

You turned to Jimin and gave him a smile. "Hey Jimin, ready to go home?"

"Sure." He yawned and tiredly grabbed his things. Both of you walked outside and made the walk home. All the time, you were on the lookout for anything suspicious. Halfway there, you noticed that Jimin kept leaning to one side. He must have not gotten that much sleep. Carefully, you took his hand to which he didn't mind and pulled him closer to you.

You kept a tight grip on his hand and walked him all the way to the apartment front door. With your other hand, you looked at the text that you received from Taehyung and inputted the pin into the keypad. A beep signaled that you entered it right and you opened the door.

You pulled Jimin inside and closed the door. "You can go rest Jimin. I need to text Taehyung, okay?"

Jimin nodded and mumbled a "thanks" as he trudged his way to his room. You watched him go and unlocked your phone once again to text the male. Quickly, you sent the text that you made sure Jimin arrived safely.

Now, should you wait for him to respond? Ah, wait. That was sort of stupid since he was taking a test. Well, maybe you should tell Jimin that you were leaving. You followed the way he went and knocked softly on the door. There was no answer. Nervously, you called out; "Jimin? I'm going to leave."

Still no answer.

You gathered up all your pride and courage and slowly peeked inside. The room was dark and only a soft light from the lamp on the nightstand illuminated the room although not by much. You let out a sigh of relief as you spotted Jimin sleeping on his bed. At least he was sleeping now. You closed the door and turned to go out the front door. As soon as your hand touched the knob, there was a small whimper that stopped you in your tracks. It sounded so deafening in the silence of the apartment.

At once, your heart sped up and you hastily turned around. "Jimin?" You called out and rushed back down the hallway. You opened the door again and found the male shaking. Hurriedly, you ran over and crouched next to him. Softly, you placed a hand on his shoulder. "Jimin? You're okay. Nothing's going to hurt you anymore." You said and it was true.

You were going to make sure that no one else would hurt him or that you would make him go through something similar like this incident. He still continued to shake but he slowly started to calmed down and he let his eyes open. He blinked at nothing until he caught your eyes. "Y/N?"

"Yes. It's me. You're okay." You replied while your other hand grabbed his and squeezed it.

Jimin continued to stare at you and shyly looked away. "C-Can you please stay here with me?"

"Of course." You smiled at him and got comfortable on the floor. Well as best as you could. Within a few minutes, Jimin returned back to sleep. Poor boy was so tired. His hand kept a grip on yours like they wouldn't ever let you go. As he slept, you frowned. Distancing yourself is the best option at this point. You're only making this worst for yourself.