Chapter 3

Grayson's POV

HELL YEAH! ALPHA WOLF BABY! I knew that I was going to be an alpha from the start, but still, to see it on paper just makes it even more satisfying. My boys Luke and Victor are also alphas, but they're not going to be more powerful than me. Since I'm the head alpha's first born I would obviously be the strongest and fastest alpha. I have a younger brother but I won't know what he is yet, since he's only in the 4th grade.

Right now, I'm making my way to the main pack house, since it's not far from school. Luke is walking behind me, bragging to Vic about the two 3 pointers he made during practice today (like it's the most amazing thing that's ever happened). But I can't help but wonder why Eli wasn't there today. I mean, I don't really care, no not at all, but I was expecting to see him at practice bragging to the others about his results. He did really well during the physical assessment (though, of course, I was better) and everyone already thinks that he'll be an alpha like me. So why wasn't he there?

"Hey guys, did you see Eli at all today?" I ask, turning to my friends.

"Why? Do you miss your boyfriend already?" Luke says, laughing until I punch him in the shoulder.

"He's not my boyfriend idiot! I'm just curious, that's all," I say.

"I think I saw him leave with his friends after classes were over," Vic says.

"Thank you, Vic, that's all I needed to know," I say, glaring at Luke.

Luke just shrugs and puts his hands behind his head while he walks. "He probably skipped practice because he ended up being something lame like beta, gamma, or omega."

"There's no way Eli is gamma or omega. Even he's not that weak." I say. Eli might be a pain in the neck but he's still a good player, and can move better than some alphas I know. However, there is the possibility of him being beta, but that's nothing to skip practice over. Especially considering how brutal coach can be sometimes.

We finally make it to the pack house. Even from outside I can hear how noisy it is in there, since a lot of older pack members and pups hang out in the common area. I say goodbye to Luke and Vic as I enter the large building, greeted by a ton of noise and "Congratulations!" to me from older members. I make my way through the crowd and up the flights of stairs to my dad's office on the 3rd, and top floor. I knock on the door and wait until I hear a "Come in" from inside, and enter. My dad, the big head alpha, is seated at his desk which is covered in papers while my mom, also alpha, stands next to him. They both look up from their work and smile seeing me enter the room.

"Son, how was school? Did you get your results?" dad asks.

I sit down in one of the chairs in front of his desk. "It was good, and of course I got alpha in my results."

"Good, good. Now we can officially start your alpha training." Since I'm now going to be the next head alpha, dad will start showing me more of the territory we own, teach me how to fight, and have me help him with head alpha duties. I know that being head alpha is serious and very dangerous business but I also know that I'm ready for whatever comes next. Besides, when I take over, I'll also have an awesome Luna to have my back and help out, like mom.

"I won't let you down father," I say.

"We know you won't son, just know that no matter what we both love you very much," My mom says, hugging and scenting me.

"Ugh mom, I'm not a pup anymore. I don't need you to scent me." When puberty really starts my alpha scent will be stronger and more distinct. Even though that hasn't happened yet it's still embarrassing to be scented by your parents for protection.

"Actually, she does need to. You and I are going to a meeting with another pack leader at the border's edge." My dad says, standing up from his chair.

"Right now?" I ask.

"Right now."

"Awesome!" I say and follow my dad out of the room, waving goodbye to my mom. I didn't think that training would start this soon, but I can't wait!