𝟎𝟕 | 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟐𝟎

            𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 woke up gasping desperately for air as her eyes flew open suddenly. It had only been an hour since she had fallen asleep. The digital clock by her nightstand read 23:48, showing it was nearly midnight.
"Elena!" The girl yelled, tears rising to her eyes. It wasn't a moment later that Stefan had used his speed to get into her room, Elena shortly following. "I can't breathe," she clawed at her throat as Elena and Stefan both rushed over to her.

"What do we do? Stefan?" Elena fussed, not knowing what to do. Adelaide lent over the bed and coughed, a mouthful of blood spilling onto the floor. She took a deep breath in and found herself able to breathe once again. She panted heavily, taking deep breaths.

"What the hell happened?" Elena asked, eyes wide.

"I just woke up not being able to breath." Adelaide herself had no idea what had just happened and why it had happened, she was just glad to be able to breathe again. Both girls looked up towards Stefan as Elena wrapped her arms tightly around her sister, bringing her in for a hug. Although Adelaide was still angry with Elena for lying to her, she needed her twin to get through all of this. To except that this was all real.

"Was it like a panic attack?" Stefan asked her, just as confused.

"Why would I have a panic attack in the middle of my sleep?"

Stefan had brought a cup of tea up for Adelaide to wash the blood metallic taste out of her mouth after she had brushed her teeth. It was decided that Elena would stay with Adelaide for the rest of the night, in case anything happened. Luckily, after falling asleep nothing disturbed their sleep and were able to make it to waking up naturally in the morning.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah, Stefan, Elena and Adelaide gathered in the living room, all listening closely to Elijah. Damon hadn't yet joined them as he was still pissed off at them all.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan brought, curious.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." While Adelaide was paying attention, she also wasn't. Her mind kept drifting in and out of the conversation as she thought back to last night and what could have caused her to not be able to breath. And the coughing up blood? That's rare and unusual and it has never happened to her before but after everything she had found out the past few days, she wouldn't be shocked if it was a supernatural cause. Something she hadn't told the others was that, it had felt strange when she wasn't able to breath. It wasn't like she her self was having problems, but it felt like she couldn't breathe because someone else couldn't breathe. Strange. She knew she was going crazy.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." She looked up to see Damon entering the room.

"Damon..." Stefan began in a warning tone.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena fought back with her boyfriend's older brother, who was clearly also in love with Elena.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon shrugged, not caring that Bonnie would die if it meant saving Elena.

"It's not an option, Damon." Adelaide spoke up from her curled up position on the sofa.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan changed the subject, seeing both the Gilbert girls giving Damon a death stare.