Twisted fate

You are drowning in your own ocean of miseries,
Searching for helping hands.
If only you knew that the only hand you can trust is the one at the end of your own arm.
...................................................

His foot was tapping on the floor consistently as his hands were intermingled in worry.

Worrying gaze checking the main door for her entrance any second.

"Sir your wife was seen in the head building of WV Chemicals"

"Sir she just left from here in a broken state"

The words of his investigator repeating in his mind every second.

Why Elle why!! Couldn't you have at least told me once before going?

He kept thinking gulping another glass of whiskey in frustration.

"Sir she is coming back"

The ping of his phone with the new message made him pour another shot into his glass.

The screeching sound of her sneaker was the first sound he heard.
Showing just in how much hurry she was.

As the main door opened he lowered his gaze to stare at the glass in his hands.
He knew who it is, he can sense her presence even before she comes.

Her frantic steps stopped in front of him and next, he knows the whiskey glass was snatched from his hand.

Surprised at her audacity he looked up to give her a piece of his mind when he stopped all of a sudden.

His glass was placed on her lips as she gulped down the liquid in one go.
Not satisfied, pouring more into the glass she gulped it down neat to only have her coughing the very next second.

Pulling away the glass from her hands he poured water into it as she was choking on her own Saliva.

Placing it on her lips, he made her drink it.

" You are behaving like you have been dumped by your boyfriend"

He said making her look into his eyes which had dark circles under them.

"And you are behaving like you are in need of a kick between your legs."

He chuckled, admiring her ability to threaten him even in this situation.

Moving closer to her he lowered his face ,trapping her by placing his arms on the armrest.

"Think before you speak Elle...or you would be leaving this couch with trembling legs and bruised lips"

She lowered her gaze realising what he meant.

Ashton took this time to admire that blushing cheeks.
But as soon as his glare fell on that dried trail of tears on them he fisted his fingets in anger.

Placing his finger on her chin gently, he lifted up her face to only find redness in those shining eyes.

"Tell me who hurt you, Elle....tell me who dared to give tears to the eyes which are only meant to smile.
Tell me what you are hiding from me, Elle"

Her orbs widened realising he has seen straight through her eyes to her soul.
She moved her head in a no as he lowered himself to her further.

"Tell me Elle or you know what will happen if I find it on my own"

His closeness made another storm of emotions to rise inside her.
She couldn't think straight as her shaking hands tried to push him away from her.

"I ....you...will hate...me......if I tell you....."