~ 28 ~

The giant doors grandly spread out, revealing a place that felt too magnificent to exist. Maria followed Hilary inside her room and was stunned by its lavish interior. It reminded her of those rooms she only saw in royal fantasies, and honestly speaking, Hilary Stanley was living a pretty similar royalty life.

Maria searched the room with awe-filled eyes, utterly amazed by its charm. It looked nothing like Jayden's, although it was exactly as large as it was. Hilary's love for the color pink was obviously portrayed all over the room through her choice of furniture, decorations, and even the wall paints, which made the room represent a feminine beauty that suited the owner pretty well.

"I apologize for what happened, doctor. But we can get you a quick fix very soon." Hilary voiced as she shut the doors, and then turned to look at Maria who was still standing still in the middle of the room with wide eyes. "Maria?" Her voice called, and Maria immediately flinched back to reality from the surrealism that had overtaken her senses when she was inside the room.

"It's-it's fine, it really is." The doctor responded amidst clearing her throat. However, she sincerely meant her words. There was no point holding grudges now that she knew how shitty Ashley could be. All she wanted was to find a way to get the stain off her dress so that she can go home and sleep.

Hilary smiled gently before spreading a hand out at her. "Come this way." She invited softly, and Maria nodded with a grateful gesture.

They walked into the in-walk closet and Maria wondered why they were there, not the bathroom.

"Please take a seat," Hilary pointed at a chair placed in the corner of the spacious room.

"Thanks." Maria obliged, and sat down on the soft leather upholstery as her eyes took a tour around the room. She couldn't deny the pleasant scent in the air, that familiar smell of new clothes that existed in boutiques.

The mention of boutiques made her glance back to the deep black mark on her red dress. She could vividly remember how expensive that dress was when she bought it two years ago, and how she paid for it in installments. Of course, she knew the price might be considered cheap to the kinds of Ashley, but to her, it was still a lot. She still was yet to understand why the lady was brutally mean to her. Maria didn't even have an inkling as to why she acted that way. Perhaps the woman simply hated her for being Jayden's doctor?

"Are you sure you're okay?" Hilary's gentle question came from before her as Maria stared at the carpet beneath her feet.

"I don't know... I am just wondering if I ever offended that lady and forgot to apologize or something. I think she enjoys picking on me or sort." Maria admitted truthfully as her mind started recalling everything that happened ever since she met Ashley.

"You mean Ashley?" Hilary asked and the doctor nodded without a second thought. Her chuckling sound made Maria look up, curious about the reason behind that sudden amusement. "You know, you remind me of a girl I used to know when I was little." She caught the 'really?' look on Maria before turning around, and facing the shelves. "Raynell. I used to know her when I was younger, and borrowing your choice of words, she got picked on by Ashley too."

"Now I see why I remind you of her," Maria commented with a hint of curiosity while staring at the shelves full of dresses. "I guess she has always been like that from the start. But why?" She asked, astounded by how someone could hate a total stranger with so much passion.

Hilary was silent for some seconds before responding, her mauve-colored hair plastered onto her back by the warm air blowing inside the closet. "Maybe because Jayden used to be very fond of her, you know? They were like best friends. Ashley grew jealous since she has had this thing for Jayden since we were kids. I don't know but I think it gets worse as she grows."