34

Inside a tent, five champions are waiting nervously but patiently for the first task of Tri Wizard Tournament to start. Two students of Hogwarts and Beauxbatons are competing including a student from the Durmstrang. I pace in the tent anxiously as I tried to reduce this heavy feeling in my chest. My hands rubbed with each other and I bit my lower lips as I can't stop pacing around. I tried to breath in and calm my breathing but apparently it's not working. I need someone to give me a calming hug or a pat on my shoulder. 

I rolled my neck a few times before sitting down on the bed with my head in my hands. I rubbed my face continuously as I completely bury my face in my palms. I sighed softly and feel somebody's hand rubbing my back gently.

"are you alright?" I look up at the senior pretty boy and smiled while nodding weakly.

"yeah... I'm alright" I whispered quietly.

"you don't seem to be alright"

"well... Do I?" I chuckled lowly and straighten up my postures. He chuckled and put his hand on my shoulder.

*click*

"young love! Oh how... Stirring" here comes Rita Skeeter with her flying pen. I peeked at her next victim, realising Harry and Hermione in a awkward position but I don't missed the furious look on Hermione's face.

"if everything goes unfortunately today, you might make the front page!"

"you ave no business here! This tent is for champions and friends" Viktor Krum stepped forward, obviously defending them.

"no matter. We've got what we wanted" Skeeter smiled flirtatiously at Viktor as she walked away.

Dad entered the tent as we both stand up, making our way to the others. I stand next to dad as I look at him, waiting for what he wants to say.

"good day champions! Gather round please. Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last the moment has arrived. The moment only five of you can fully appreciate" we gathered around him in a circle as Mr Crouch, Mr Ludo Bagman, Head of The Department of Magical Games and Sports along with the other heads of school stand beside their champions. Madame Maxime stood behind me and Fleur as she put her hands on our shoulders.

"what are you doing here Ms Granger?" dad said looking at Hermione who's standing behind him.

"oh um... Sorry I'll just go"

"Barty. The bag"

"champions, in a circle around me. Miss Delacour over here, Mr Krum and Mr Potter over here. Right. Miss.... Dumbledore... If you will" he said, handing the bag to me. I slowly slipped my hand on the small bag and pulled out a small version of a dragon. Norwegian Ridgeback to be exact.

"Norwegian Ridgeback, Ms Dumbledore" I nodded my head and looked up at dad. His twinkling blue eyes shows fascinating expression in them. Mr Crouch proceed with giving the dragons to each champions. Fleur got Welsh Green, Chinese Fireball for Viktor Krum, Cedric picked the Swedish Short-Snout and the Hungarian Horntail for Harry.

"there represents very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg. This you must do for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?" we met by silence as nobody has a question to ask.

"very well. Good luck champions. Mr Diggory, the sound of canon..." the canon fires immediately as we looked up at Mr Filch. I gave a small smile at Cedric and wish him good luck before I watch him walking out of the tent. We parted as I go sit at my bed and have my head in my hands again. The small interaction between me and Cedric earlier is enough for me to calm my nerves a bit.