31 • The beginning of fairytale

.
.

Kartik kept ignoring her all the way which hurt her. Though she knew she deserved this reaction from him.

K "We reached!" He said tapping the wheel, looking at other side.

She got disheartened when he didn't even spare a look for her. Why? Taking a deep breathe she opened the car door. Then her heart compelled her to say something.

N "Kartik, your hand is still bleeding. At least ghar chalo. Main.." He cut her words in the middle as she stopped.

K "Tumhe chinta karne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. I am fine." He answered hurting her again by his words. He didn't want to say this but he was extremely hurt by her act.

N "Kartik, Mera gussa apne aap par kyu nikal rahe ho. Meri baat toh suno." She held his hand to make him face her. While he just gave her a look.

K "Tum jaa rahi ho ya nahi?"

N "Nahi. You have to listen to me."

K "Haan batao nah. Uske liye hi toh main yaha hoon." He replied annoyed.

N "Kartik, Maine Jo bhi kia bas tumhare baremein sochke kiya. Because I lov.." And she couldn't complete her sentence.

K "Because what? I am done with this Naira. Please go and leave me alone. Please." He said in anger.

N "I am really sorry. I am sorry Kartik. Please maaf kardo." With that she started to cry. And that sight was enough to melt his anger. But he wouldn't show it to her.

K "Sorry? Kis baat ke liye sorry?"

N "Kartik?"

K "Sorry for doubting me? Tumhe laga main aur Aashi.." He was hurt and she get shocked..

How did he know about this? Naksh did not hear their whole conversation then who told him about Aashi and all? Rishab?

K "Rishab did the favor. He told me what my Naira thinks of me. Main jab tumhe dhund raha tha tab Rishab ne mujhe yeh message kiya. Mujhe laga tum kisi musibaat mein hogi and unfortunately I read it. I never knew my Naira could.." He had tears in his eyes as his lips sealed to say further.

N "Kartik, Main.." She could not form words how to explain him.

K "Hai koi explanation tumhare paas? Ekbaar baat toh kar sakti thi nah mujhse. Puch leti mujhse. Lekin nahi. Tumhe toh humesha gussa nikal na hota hai mujhpe!" She looked down feeling extremely guilty.

Kartik sighed deeply as he could not see her like this. He cupped her face gently as her eyes met his red ones.

K "Meri Naira ne mere pyaar pe shakh kia. I could not make you believe how much I love you. I failed Naira." He said and his eyes shed the tears which he was holding back.

N "Kartik, aisa nahi hai." She tried to calm him down, wiping his tears but how could he digest the fact that she doubted him? How?

K "Tum mera pehla aur akhri pyaar ho. Ab agar tum kudh bhi chahogi na toh mujhse mera pyaar chin nahi sakti. Kartik ne apni life mein sirf ek hi ladki se pyaar kia hai aur woh tum ho, sirf Tum." He confessed pressing their foreheads together as their eyes got moist with the intensity of the moment.

N "I know." She whispered.

K "You don't know. Aaj tumne mujhe bohot hurt kia hai. I don't know main isse kabhi bahar apaunga ya nahi. Kehte hai na hum jisse sabse zyada pyaar karte hai agar woh hume hurt kare toh woh bhul pana bohot mushkil hojata hai. Maine apni life mein sabse zyada pyaar tumse hi toh kia hai Naira." He said smiling with tears but deep inside his heart was in pain.