•C H A P T E R 3•

*Cue John Cena music!*

My phone rings making my groggy self wake up. Not checking who is calling, I slide the green button over to answer.

"Hel—"

"It's about time girl, open your doorrrr."

Why is my boyfriend here? I mean, i'm not complaining, but I wonder what the reason could be?

I open my front door and hiss at the bright sunlight. "Why is it so bright?"

"Hello to you too, Love."

Me and Noah went to the same high school together, which is pretty close by my house. He was new in 10th grade and we immediately became best friends. Tall, tan, nice silky hair, perfect personality. He is everyone's dream man. As time went by, we ended up together. It's been an amazing one year and definitely the best choice i've ever made. But there's just been one thing that's been bothering me and I can't seem to get it off my mind.

He walks in and looks at me weirdly. "You just woke up?"

I nod. "Is that a problem?" Damn, why do I have an attitude?

"No not at all! I wanted to cuddle and nap with you if you wanted.. is something wrong?" he asks sitting next to me on the couch. Noah is super caring which is what I love about him.

I sigh and fidget with my fingers. Do I just ask him straight up? I don't want him to be taken back from it.

"Hey," he looks at me in the eyes and smiles assuringly. "You know you can tell me anything."

I know I can, he's been my best friend before we started dating. I know him. It can't hurt to ask though. What's the worst he can say?

"W-what if you find your soulmate while we're still together? What then?" I slide up his hoodie sleeve to see that his number is at 57 miles.

He sits in silence for a minute. Probably thinking about how to answer without hurting me. "Y/N, you know I love you." Oh shit here it comes. "If the time comes, the time comes. Whenever that is. I'm not looking forward to it, but if my soulmate comes along.." I nod weakly. I could already see that coming.

"Yeah, I get it. Don't worry about it." I force a smile, but he could still hear the hurt in my voice and frowns.

"Aw girly," he hugs me and I don't hug back. I just sit there letting him hug me. How could he say that he loves me straight to my face then say that when his soulmate comes around he's going to leave me for her?

"How about this, we find a good show on Netflix, order pizza, and have a date night in?"

Is he trying to make me feel better? I feel like screaming at him and he's gonna act like he loves me again?

Shaking my head, I stand up to go to my room. "I'm leaving to get some things from my dorm soon, so we probably shouldn't."

Smiling he stands up and hugs me before leaving. "Oh, I hope you're not mad. She's probably not gonna end up coming around anyways." He shrugs before shutting the door. Bitch. I look at my wrist for the first time since 5am. 3,938?! But how?

My first instinct is to call Emerson. I press on her contact and it doesn't even ring before she answers. "Wut up miss thang?"

"Em, my soulmate was at five thousand five hundred something, remember?"

"Yeah..."

As I tell her, I stare at the lowering number on my wrist. "It's gone down about 2,000 miles."

I hear a loud gasp on the other end of the phone followed by a scream. "This is amazing! He's coming to find youuu yay!! What's the exact number?!"

"3,936. And we don't know if he's coming to find me, he might just be traveling somewhere closer to the USA."

"Well, for when he gets to your place, i'm going to be there. I'm inviting myself to your moms house so I can meet your soulmate with you whether you like it or not! We're going to have a partayayay!!"

I facepalm myself. "What if he doesn't come? You'd be partying for no reason."

Em lives closer to the college, so i'm surprised she's really going to drive 4 hours just for me and whoever the donald trumps weave this soulmate is.

"I have a gut feeling he's coming for you bub. Also, i'm already on the road so there's no going back now."

She's such a nerd I swear. We hang up and I go to the kitchen to make those chocolate chip cookies Mara wanted this morning.

Jimin's POV

"How much longer?" Taehyung complains.

Checking my wrist, I see that the number is now at 3,911. "A long ways, Tae. But we made almost 2,000 miles."

He sighs and closes his eyes. "I'm so tired. Do we have to keep changing flights every time we get off? Can't we just get a hotel and sleep for a night?"

I shake my head. "We have to get there faster so it doesn't interfere with our schedule." Next thing I know, he's already fast asleep.

Looking back at my number, I think about her again. I think about how her personality will be, if she will be shorter or taller than me, if her humor is like mine. Maybe if I sleep, we will get there faster.

I try to sleep, but I can't. How is Tae sleeping right now? It might be that my brain is still awake and thinking. This is going to be a long journey.
___________________
i actually might go and make some chocolate chip cookies now 😂 just to be clear, the only reason why i chose the USA for Y/N to live in is because i live there and i have never been out of the USA, so i have no idea what it's like in any other country. i'm afraid to mess it all up if i were to do it in a different country since i know nothing about them 😭 this is why i want to travel so i can know about other countries and write about them and experience it. in my other story "Promise?" i had to do a lot of research on Brazil, France, and the UK for me to write that 😂. i just thought i needed to get that out there haha. soo, about the publish timing on this story, i'm kinda going through something and i spent my entire vacation sulking about it on my blow up mattress that had a hole in it 😂😂 so i kinda forgot to write buuut i finished the chapter! okie enough talking, i'm going now lmao, byeee :)