fifty five

{the countdown}

Making his way down the steps of the hotel, Jungkook was quick to reach the entrance, heaving a sigh as he pushed open the glass doors. A shiver ran down the back of his spine as the crisp air tormented him in his already soaked clothing, "God dammit, why didn't I just buy another umbrella?" He groaned, standing under the cover as the rain poured down onto the city streets. 

Puddles pooled against the sidewalks, disturbed by each passerby as they carelessly walked through them, some almost slipping against the path. All Jungkook could do was throw his hood over his head as he stepped out onto the busy city streets, dodging each umbrella as he started making his way back in the direction of his apartment. 

The world was a haze of grey and Jungkook could already feel the dampness in his bones and a coldness that crept over his skin. He let out a sneeze, sniffling as he shoved his hands in his pockets. It must've been a coincidence because Jungkook found himself pausing as the buzz of his phone caught him off guard, the male quickly stepping to the side as he slipped out the device. 

He shielded it with his hand, squinting his eyes to read the message blurred by the tiny water droplets landing against his screen. 
He rose a brow, "From Daisy?"

Messages

Daisy: Yo... Hoseok wants to call you in for a final rundown on the plan. 

Daisy: still some things we need to gloss over before the Banquet

Jungkook: Such as?

Daisy: You Jungkook. We need to make sure you're gonna be okay taking down the boss man.

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook quickly typed back a message, shoving his phone back into his pocket with a huff. They had already gone over this a week ago, so it was obvious now that Hoseok was somewhat doubting Jungkook's willpower to get this job done. 

Pausing for a moment, Jungkook found his shoulders dropping, eyes cast to the rain-washed street as he let out a breath. To be honest... Jungkook also wasn't too sure whether he could trust himself with this task. 

He stood there, feeling the rain form paths down his skin and roll off his fingertips as he sunk into a moment of thought. The Banquet was fast approaching, and Jungkook still didn't feel confident in this plan... but something had to be done. So lifting his gaze, Jungkook stepped back out onto the busy street, gesturing down the road, "Taxi!"

-----

Raising a closed fist, Jungkook gave a knock at the door. 

He took a step back as the sounds of shuffling came from inside, a short "Just a moment!" echoing throughout the house before the door handle began to jitter and it swung open. A bright smile was plastered over Hoseok's face all until it faltered at Jungkook's unruly appearance. 

"Dude..." Hoseok eyed Jungkook up and down, scrunching up his nose, "You cant be serious right?"

Running a hand through his soaking wet hair, Jungkook let out a groan, "Just let me in."

Letting out a chuckle, Hoseok moved aside, gesturing grandly towards the living room as Jungkook finally took shelter from the rain. It didn't take long for Hoseok to notice the water dripping periodically from Jungkook's clothing onto the floor, the male quickly dashing upstairs before returning with a towel flung over his arm and a pile of clothes in his hands, "Here's some of Seokjin's clothes."