Explanations-36

Chapter 36
Layla's POV
Tuesday

I could feel Ryder waking me up or trying at least.

He had his thumb rubbing on my cheek causing sparks to fly.

"Monkey? I know you are awake." He said as he kissing my cheek. I groaned and turned around making him laugh.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist and him pull me back. Now my back is pressed against his front.

I was slightly confused when I felt him fully dressed in jeans and a button up shirt.

"Monkey, you have to get up. We are leaving for your parents in a hour to have lunch." He said.

"What time is it?" I question surprised I slept so late.

"It is 10:45, we have to be at you parents by 12 and there house is like 30 minutes away." He told me.

I rolled so I am on my back and looked up to him.

"Do we have to go?" I asked.

"Yeah, today is the day we tell them. But tomorrow is your birthday." He said making me smile.

He leaned down giving me a nice kiss. "I love that smile." He said making my heart flutter.

I wrap my arms around his neck with a happy feeling around me. He leaned down closing the space between us. He slipped his tongue into my mouth surprising me but I melted into the kiss.

He started to move down my jaw but stopped. "We can't do this right now. You got to get ready to go." He said getting out of the bed.

I groaned again looking over to him. We just looked at each other like we were fighting with our eyes. I finally gave in and said "Fine, lets go to my families house. Is everyone else coming to?" I asked.

He nodded his head and said "Yeah, they said they would help explain everything. I will be in my office so when you are done come find me there." He then left so I would start.

I force myself off the comfortable bed and headed to take a shower. Afterwards I choose my outfit and got changed.

After I was dressed I decided on no make and left to go to Ryder's office. I haven't spent much time in that room but I have had to find Ryder in there.

It was nice and big. It had a brown theme I guess.

Ryder was sitting behind his computer when I walked in. He looked up to see who it was and when he saw it was me a small smile formed on his face.

I moved next to him and sat on his best looking at the files around. Most about the rouge attacks but I decided not to ask.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

I shrugged still wishing I was in our bed. He stood up and pulled me up to him.

"Layla, today is also celebrating your birthday with your family don't let your worry about telling them mess with that." He said.

I nodded my head. "Can we go now?" I asked.

He shook his head yes before turning his computer off and leading me out of his office.

Everyone was waiting in the kitchen to go. We left the house and headed to our destination.

When we arrived it was like last time. RuthBert came and gathered all are coats. He then lead us to the living room.

We all sat down but Luke who stood next to Jess. "Ryder? Are there guns in the house?" Luke asked.

Ryder nodded his head before saying "Layla's Father and Brother had one on as well."