Theo-40

Chapter 40
Layla's POV
Unknown

It was dark. I couldn't tell where I was are what time it was. I had a splitting headache that made it harder to think.

I was on a cold concrete floor. I assume to be in a room or a prison cell cause there were no windows or lights.

I try to stand up slowly. I feel light headed but it soon goes away. I walk forward with my hands in front of me.

I feel these cold bars blocking me from going forward.

Definitely in a prison cell then.

I reached out to Ryder hoping to find a way to tell him I am ok. But it was proving to be difficult with this head ache. It might be a concussion.

I keep trying till the lights flashed on hurting my eyes.

I covered them trying to get them used to the sudden bright lights around me, showing me where I am at.

There are people walk down the stairs. Two guards and the old man from before.

"Well, hello there Fox." The older man from before said. I could see more of him now.

He had almost black eyes with the black and white hair showing his older age. Other then that it would be a little bit difficult to tell he was older. And his dark bags under his eyes showed he likes to get no sleep.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Oh. So she does speak." He mocked. "Well I am the one who's been after you. My name is Theo." He said about to continue but I cut him off.

"Why? I did nothing to you." I said confused.

"Oh but you did dear. You just don't know about it yet." Theo said. "Lets just say your fox, Vixen. Likes to keep secrets."

I didn't know what was going on but he's answer confused me more.

Vixen has been get quieter and quieter as the rouges have gotten closer. I want to know what she is keeping from me.

"What are you going to do with me?" I question.

"That is for me to know and for you to find out." He said waving to the guards behind him.

They seemed to understand his signal as they both moved to the door unlocking it and walking into the cell with me in it.

They both move quickly, one grabs my arms putting them behind my back while the other ties it. I struggle as much as I can but the way they were holding me back it hurt to struggle.

Once they had my arms they pushed me out of the cell and down the hall into a new room.

This room was almost darker then the cell. It had only one light in it and it was over the single chair in the room.

The two guards pushed me into the chair and started tying me to it.

This time I struggled more but all that got me was a slap across my face. I was shocked and in my moment of shock they had tied me up.

Theo walked in once they were done and started talking to me again.

"You know that you are not the first Fox Shifter I have killed." He said confusing me.

I'm not a Fox Shifter? I am a Fox Spirt.

But I let him continue. "You are far away from being the first or the last most likely. Cause you keep coming back! How. Where are you all hiding!?" He yelled getting more frustrated and angry the more he talks.

I didn't respond not knowing what to say.

"I know you aren't going to tell me so I am already prepared." He pulled out and needle from a draw I didn't see before.

The needle was large. He filled it with a blue liquid. I was getting nervous as I watch the blue liquid fill the needle.

"What is that?" I asked in a shaky voice.

He laughed evilly at my scared expression. "This fox, is a poison similar to wolfsbain but instead it harmful to foxes. I like to call it fox off." He walks over to me slowly holding the needle up.

"This will stop any chance you have to mind link with your mate." He told me.

I tried to pull my arm away from him but being tied to a chair stopped me.

"Why don't you just kill me?" I question trying to stop him.

"Because, I need your mate gone. If you die and he goes and tells his little Alpha King buddy they we come after me and put me in jail." He explained. "So I need you alive as bait so we can wipe your mate off the planing field."

I now wished I didn't ask. I try one last time to reach him as he sticks the needle into my arm.

The liquid enters my blood and the pain was like I was burning on the inside.

I screamed louder then I thought I could. It was so painful that I couldn't take it. It knocked me out, I passed out from the pain.

So I now fall back into the darkness that I had just got out of.

Author's Notes:
It a little shorter but still good👍
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|