Powers-45

Chapter 45
Layla's POV
Tuesday

I woke feeling amazing. It felt like the first time I have felt safe in months even though I have no idea how many days I was gone.

But honestly I didn't care with Ryder's arms wrapped around my bare stomach.

I only had my bra on from the events of last night. Ryder had nothing on and I could feel the warmth coming off his body. I snuggled in impossible closer to him falling back asleep when there was a knock on the door.

I just ignored it to tired to deal with anyone, but they knocked again waking Ryder up.

He groaned and stretched out his arms a little.

"Who is it?" He asked after the person knocked again.

"It's Lucas." My father said from the other side of the door. Why was my dad using his name instead of Mr. Smith.

I felt Ryder get up slowly trying not to move me much and say "Ok, Just one moment." He moved to the closet grabbing boxers and sweat pants.

He walked to me and pulled the cover higher up on me. Then moved to open the door. "Good morning Mr. Smith." Ryder said. 

"Sticking with Mr. Smith I see." He joked lightly. "But you guys have been asleep for a full day now and your father is wanting to talk to Layla."

"Oh, Ok. I will wake her up in a bit then." Ryder said. Soon my father walked out of our room and Ryder moved back to the bed. As he laid down I could tell he had figured out I am awake.

But still he moved his hand to my face and gentle ran his thumb over my cheek saying "Monkey, I know you are awake but we got to get up. You have to tell everyone what you told me yesterday. I mean if you are ok with saying it all again." I opened my eyes to look at his concerned expression.

"I think I will be ok. I would like you to help a little though." I mumbled still waking up.

"Ok. Do you want to get up and get ready while I go down stairs and get some food." He asked.

"For both of us." I said making sure he eats. "Yes, for both of us." He agreed. I nodded my head agreeing. Ryder leaned over pecking my lips and moved to get off the bed. He stopped and turned back around kissing me again surprising me and making me laugh.

He whispered "I love you." before moving again. "I love you too." I said to him as he moved out of the room and downstairs.

I moved into the bathroom taking a blissful shower and getting dressed before Ryder came back.

I was lying in bed and turned on the TV in our room turning it on to a movie I had never seen before. Ryder came back looking at the TV confused for a second before putting a plate on my lap with another in his other hand.

It had bacon and eggs. He plate also had sausage which he knew I hated. We ate watching the TV both of us confused about what was going on in the movie.

Ryder had finished first and got up getting dressed. Once I finished my food I put my plate with his and waited for him to finish getting ready.    

"Ready?" He asked as he walked out of the closet. I nodded yes and he opened the door for me with the plates in hand.

We walked downstairs to the kitchen and walked into the living room where some people were. Jace, Luke, Jess, Emma, And Micheal to be exacted.

They looked over to us and smiles stretched across their faces. They each came and hugged me. We talked for a few minutes and even though Micheal is a little older then us he seemed to really fit in. 

Eventually Both my parents and Ryder's parents came out and brought me and Ryder into his office. They of course wanted me to tell them everything that happened.

And that's what I told them. I started from Theo offering me to go with him to save the pack to how Thomas helped me escape and my vision.

Of course it took a lot of explaining about the facts I might have powers. But the fact that in the file Jaxson had said they were looking to see if Fox Shifters could grant them powers was enough to convenes Ryder's Parents but mine were more confused.

"So do you know what your powers are?" My Mother asked.

"No and I don't really know how to find out." I admitted  "But I think Vixen could help me. I mean like I said Vixen has gone through multiply humans so she must know how to at least start."

They all nodded agree with my idea. "When do we attack Ryder." Ryder's father asked him. Ryder's head perked his head up getting excited that he is getting to have control over the pack again. He looked at me happy. 

It is hard on an Alpha to not be in control. 

George stood up and me and him both moved to his desk move some papers around and started planning everything out but were stopped by Victoria "What about the ceremony and your wedding." 

Me and Ryder looked at each other again. We both knew we wanted to have it as soon as possible and having something nice would be amazing. I mean we could have it in 2 weeks, give me time to figure out my powers. After the wedding we could have a week for a 'honeymoon' cause its a tradition and then a week after we could attack. We would have 4 weeks to plan. 

"Good plan, but why don't we go on the honeymoon after we attack. We can still plan it out a week after the ceremony and we can relax without worrying about Theo." Ryder said. He was listening to my thoughts.

"Where would we even go on are honeymoon?" I asked.

"I don't know that is for you to plan." Ryder said.

"I thought I was supposed to plan the ceremony not the honeymoon?" I said. "You  can do both. And I don't care were we go. You were wondering about traveling when we went to California. Maybe we could plan out a scheduled of where we want to go and leave for like a month instead of a week." Ryder said.

"Mind filling us in?" My father asked. 

"Sorry, But what we could do is do the wedding/ceremony in 2 weeks so we have time to set it up and I can work on my powers. And then a week later we can attack, and then me and Ryder will do what ever we figure out." I explained. 

They all nodded and agreed. I was happy my parents were good about me and Ryder getting married sense we are both so young. 

We walked out of the office and I was excited. I was talking to Ryder about everything, the ceremony and my training. Ryder was smiling at me thinking how happy he was to have me back. 

"Hey." I said walking into the living room where everyone was still at. 

"Hey." they all responded. Micheal stood up and looked at his parents and ask. "So when are we going home?" I rolled my eyes not surprised.

"We are staying here for a little while longer." Mom said. Micheal rolled his eyes and sat back down. "Why. She's back. And I am happy you are back Layla but I think we can go back home now with Layla." 

I was shocked what he said and I could feel Ryder tense behind me. 

"Ummm. No." I spoke first. "Micheal. This is my home. I live here." 

"But you are barely 18. I mean come on Mom, Dad you can't let this happen." Micheal complained

"Micky," My mom started. "Layla is getting married soon I am sure it is fine for her to live with Ryder. It's different you know that." She started explaining to him.

It took a little but eventually Micheal gave in and afterwards we all relaxed and talked mostly. feels good to be home.

Author's Notes:

4
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|