-13-

Astraea Grey

            tw(mentions of rape and abuse)

I awoke to the sun beaming through the uncovered curtains. I looked over to Hayden who was sleeping on his stomach and his left arm still remained on my waist. Soft snores filled the room and I wanted anything more than to wake up to this every morning. I sat up groaning in pain from the throbbing that was occuring from my head as I sat against the headboard. I reached over for my phone seeing the time; 12:30.

"Shit" I muttered as I pushed myself off the bed and fell to the floor with a 'thud'. I went onto my knees and saw Hayden only stirred in his sleep. The house could be on fire or we can be rubbed at gun point and he'll be sleeping like an angel.

"Hayden" I shook his leg. "We're late for school".

Hayden hummed in response and lifted his head. His eyes were closed as he looked at me. "It's saturday. Now come back to bed" His raspy morning voice almost put me in a trance to actually do what he wanted. But I just shook my head, remembering he couldnt see me I opened my mouth.

"Shit, I have to help Madison get ready for her date". I stood up from his bed and walked into the bathroom, leaving the door open as I began washing my face and teeth.

"Isn't that at five?" He pushed himself off the bed and walked into the bathroom, leaning aganist the doorway, looking at my reflection.

I spit the toothpaste into the sink, before looking back at him through the mirror. His hair was stick up and his eyes were slighlty half-closed. I held back my smirk before answering, "Yes, but she has to get ready and I have to spend time with my bestfriend. You're not my only bestfriend" I remarked as I began finishing brushing my teeth.

"Okay, I'll get ready and take you home". He muttered as he walked out of the bathroom. He returned after about two minutes later with a red hoodie on and the hood thrown over his head. I'm guessing he didn't feel the need to do his hair.

I sat down on the counter as he began washing his face and teeth. Pulling my wavy hair into a bun, I looked at him. "How much did I embarrass myself"

Hayden took a second to answer, spitting the toothpaste into the sink. He looked at himself through the reflection trying to think of an answer. "Judging by the videos that are on snap, maybe an six on a scale from one to ten. You threw up in the backyard, drank like no tomorrow and were dancing with the entire baseball team".

"Yup, never drinking again" I slid off the counter. "I'm kinda sacred to face your mom" I admitted as I walked out the bathroom slipping my feet into my vans.

"We'll be fine. Just be ready for her screaming" He reassured as he handed me my jean jacket along with phone.

"Matter of fact, lets jump out the window" I pointed towards the window we had jumped out last night.

"No come on. We'll have to face her eventually" He grabbed my hand and led me out the room. The Anderson house hold on a Saturday morning was never quite. The boys were either running around shooting at one another, in their rooms playing games. Or just in the kitchen getting yelled at both of their parents to wait for everyone to eat. The babies will either crying to be picked up or fed. Sometimes just giggling at their brothers dense minds.

We walked into the kitchen to see Lucrecia, cooking, and her husband , sitting down drinking his coffee.

"You two are on my shit list." Lucrecia pointed at us with the spatula in her hand "What where you two thinking?"

"We just wanted to go hangout." Hayden let go of my hand and walked over to get coffee. I walked over and sat down next to Harrison.

"Hi" I murmured as Hayden and me were enduring his mother's rant.