Phase 2

Lexi's POV

I watched as Steve forced open the entrance to a storage room. We walked in, looking around then silently jumped up to the catwalk above.

Steve and I open walled over to one of the containers that filled the room and I could tell that what we found was shocking to Steve. The containers were all filled with HYDRA weapons and equipment.

"Well now, isn't this interesting," I commented into the dead silence, not being able to think of anything else to say. "Let's get back to the others, they'll want to know, Steve," I added. Steve looked up at me and I could see the emotions flickering across his face as he stared from me to the guns in the containers.

After a long pause, he finally nodded and grabbed one of the guns and stormed off down the hall, causing me to play catch up. As we got closer to the others, my sensitive ears picked up their conversation.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uh- kind of been wondering the samething about you," I heard Tony respond.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract," Fury was saying.

"We are, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," I hear Bruce say as Steve and I approached them from down the hall.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss. What is Phase Two?"

Steve and I entered the room, and I watched on as Steve slammed one of the large HYDRA guns we had found on the table.

"Phase Two is SHIELD used the Cube to make weapons. Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're -" Fury started to say

"I'm sorry, Nick. Tony turned the screen towards Fury. It shows a plan for somea missile. What were you lying?

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit," said Steve as Thor and Natasha walked into the lab. I shifted nervously on my feet as I noticed Bruce staring angrily at Natasha.

"Did you know about this?" He asked.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha responded.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." My head turned to and fro as I tried to keep up with the conversation. I wanted answers as well. Fury wasn't just toying around with anyone, after a few months spent messaging back and forth with these people, I had started to consider them friends - friends I wanted to sleep with but that was besides the point. I was still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of friendship let alone relationships. Hydra drilled the opposite into me - I was built for one purpose - to infiltrate and extract and kill on my own - no attachments (according to Hydra).

"Because of him," said Fury pointing at Thor.

"Me?"

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."