Chapter 20

Since there weren't any pressing matters to attend to back home, the twins decided to stay with Greyson at his house until his eighth birthday. This way, not only would they be able to celebrate his birthday, but they would also get to spend time with their uncle and aunt who they rarely met.

Their mother, Amelia, also decided to take some time off to attend his birthday party, so she arrived a few days before. Apparently Logan was also supposed to travel with her, but a few things popped up last minute, so he was unable to. Since Amelia was only staying for a few days at most, the twins would be leaving with her after celebrating Greyson's birthday.

From the moment Greyson woke up, he was showered in well wishes. At breakfast the table was filled with all of his favorite foods and as per their family tradition, he was the first to start eating.

Despite wearing his usual stoic expression, Catina could tell that he was very happy. Occasionally he would look up from his plate and glance at his father, and then glance at everyone else who was seated at the table before looking back down at his plate. Everytime he did this the corner of his lips would twitch as if he was suppressing his smile.

After breakfast they all relocated to the lounge which Catina thought was beautifully decorated. The entire room was covered in green and white streamers and balloons. In the center of the room there was a small green sofa surrounded by five, slightly larger, white sofas.

Greyson sat on the white sofa in the center while the rest sat in the remaining seats.

"What do you have planned now mother?" Greyson asked softly. He was no longer able to hide his smile.

"Now," Penelope smiled, "It's time for you to receive your gifts."

Greyson beamed and Penelope gestured to the maids to bring his gifts in. There were over a hundred gifts in total. Although Penelope, Gabriel, and Amelia were responsible for a few of the gifts in the pile, most of the gifts were from distant family members and other families who shared a connection with their family.

After picking out a few gifts from the pile Penelope placed them in front of Greyson and said, "These are from me."

Greyson smiled and opened her gifts, then he opened the gifts from Amelia, before turning to Catina and Catrina.

"Well..." Catina blushed before turning to her sister.

Greyson chuckled, "It's okay if you didn't get me anything."

Catina's blush spread from her cheeks to her ears, "It's not that we didn't get you anything...it's just..."

Catrina looked at Catina and tried to encourage her sister to continue by making a few gestures.

Taking a deep breath, Catina shyly glanced at Gabriel and then glanced back at her sister before continuing, "We prepared a dance for you." She rarely met her uncle in the past, so she was still slightly shy in his presence. 

Greyson blinked in surprise, "A dance?"

"Yup!" Catrina grinned before she stood up and pulled Catina along with her to a clear area. Catrina whispered a few words in reassurance to Catina before signalling the maid to start the music.

Before anyone in the room could fully understand what was happening, the two had already begun dancing. Although they were both doing the same dance moves there was a big difference in how they executed it.

When Catrina danced, although she wasn't moving very quickly, she radiated energy. Her movements were sharp and beautiful, almost as if she was fighting an invisible enemy. When Catina danced, her movements weren't as energetic as Catrina's but they were slow and graceful, almost as if she put a million thoughts behind each move.