Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 41 // 𝑊𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒

《Cause we were just kids when we fell in love,
Not knowing what it was,
I will not give you up this time;
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own,
And in your eyes, you're holding mine.

Perfect - Ed Sheeran

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

R A C H E L' S P O V

We are on the beach, now fully clothed and the sand is the most gentle hue of gold. The sun is shining brightly in the clear blue sky giving away its warmth. The beach is stretched out alongside the water. People are chattering, walking casually on the beach as the waves touch their feet. A group of friends is playing dodgeball. The sun is slowly rising over the head, beating on the back. I hide my eyes from the beaming sunshine when a chill of wind surges through me, caressing my face.

"You want to go back in?" Lucas asks me.

"Yeah, sure. We've been here for quite long now." I say getting up.

We make our way back inside the hotel room and I finally speak, while he unlocks the door, "Lucas, today was such a wonderful day. Thank you for everything." I smile at him and he smiles back, "Don't thank me. I'm doing this for myself and the day still isn't over yet, Grace," He says, making me wonder what more he has in store for today.

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously, following behind.

"You'll see." He turns towards me, pulling a strand of my hair behind my ears.

.

.

Lucas leaves the room at around five, saying he has some work to take care of. I wait for him confused about what work it could be when I hear a knock on the door.

"Good Afternoon, ma'am. Are you Rachel Grace Williamson?" a lady around my age asks, standing on the door with a bag in her hand, whom I assume to be the hotel staff from her uniform.

"Yes?"

"This is for you." She says, handing the bag to me.

"Thank you." Before I could ask anything else, she takes off.

I walk back to sit on the bed, slowly opening the suspicious bag when I find a small letter in it. I unfold it quickly and start reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dear Grace,

Wear this dress and come down in the lobby by six. Dress well for a date night. I'll be waiting for you.

Yours,
Lucas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Date night.

I've written a lot of letters but this is the first letter I've ever received in my entire life. I'm so overwhelmed with happiness that I quickly unbox the gift to find a red cocktail dress inside it. Beautiful. That's the only word that comes out of my mouth, seeing the dress.