Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42 // 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑟𝑣𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑠

《Lately I been, I been losing sleep,
Dreaming 'bout the things that we could be;
But baby I been, I been prayin' hard,
Said no more counting dollars,
We'll be, we'll be counting stars.

Counting Stars - One Republic》

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Greece was beautiful, just like I expected it to be. My proposal was the image of the dream of any other girl. I was happy, satisfied and so much more things after a very long time.

Now when I look back at the number of times I've been the happiest, it had been all because of Lucas. He was the kind of boyfriend, every girl would wish for. But that's the thing. Good people are always rare in this world. I'm glad to have got Lucas as one of those rare people and I wouldn't trade it for anyone else in this world.

.
.
.

When we came back and told the others about the marriage proposal, everyone was so happy to hear about it.

"Holyshit. This is unbelievable. I knew Luke was planning a surprise but I didn't expect it to be this. My best friend is getting married. I'm so happy for you, Rachel." Sam said hugging me.

"Thank you." I hugged her back.

"I never thought that Luke can be so romantic."

"Me neither," I whisper enough for her to hear.

"I mean, I know he loves you a lot but this is just so adorable." Sam gushed happily.

"Yeah."

That would be Samantha, my best friend. Don't get me started with my Mom and Anna.

"My, my. Our kids have grown up so fast. They are getting married. What could be the happiest moment for a mother, other than this." Anna cried.

"I know right. I mean, they were so small playing around here, and now look at them. Luke is such a gentleman." Mom said, happy tears rolling down her eyes.

"Oh my goodness, very soon our grandchildren will be playing all around," Anna said.

"This is so perfect. First, we're going to be in-laws and then grandmothers." They hugged each other happily.

"Mom, Anna. There's a lot of time for that. We aren't even married yet." I say feeling shy.

These ladies have always been emotional and dramatic. Lucas knew this was gonna happen and that's why he left me alone with them. I'm so gonna kick his ass as soon as I get my hands on him.

.

.

.

.

.

We were sitting under the cherry tree outside of the abandoned house in the late August sun, as I stared at the deepest of reds on the tree lying on Lucas's lap.

The abandoned house didn't look old anymore as Lucas has been working on it for months now.

"Grace. You have nothing important to do tonight, right?" He asks, running his fingers through my hairs.

"No, why do you ask?" I say, moving my attention from the red cherries to his blue eyes.

"I wanted to take you somewhere tonight." He says.