chapter twelve

Continued ...

- Sydnee -

"God please don't take him away from me, I've already lost enough" I said closing my eyes leaning on the hospital window.

I felt a hand come from behind me rubbing my back. I slowly opened my eyes seeing Kia with a tight lip smile trying her best to comfort me.

"You wanna talk about them?" she said and I raised my eyebrow.

"About who?" I mumbled then she looked out the window then looked down at her hands.

"The people you've lost.." she said and I thought about it.

"I lost my dad and my brother, to keep it simple and short" I said not wanting to get into detail.

"You don't have to talk about it, I understand it's a hard topic. Sydnee you're so strong... God's watching you mama" she said and I gave her small smile.

"Thanks Kia" I said and she nodded.

- Flashback -
5 years

"What that nigga youngboy be like? Say tennnn!" my brother Symere said talking to his friend Terrance.

"Nigga a fool son" Terrance said joining in the laughter.

"Symere daddy said take me to the gas station right up the street" I said walking into the living room.

"Uhh... aight cmon lil mama" he said grabbing his phone.

At this time I was 14, and he was 21.

We left out the door with Terrance right behind us.

"What you want from hea anyways Mook?" he asked me.

"I wanted some snacks, since dad ain't hit up the sto yet" I said and he nodded.

"You gon grow up big, keep eating allat junk" Terrance said and I turned around mugging him.

"Sir shut up talking ta me" I said then we walked up the sidewalk and arrived at the store.

After I got me some snacks to last me a week he paid for it then we started our walk back home.

Everything was cool till 12 pulled up behind us raising his alarm.

This wasn't nothing new, pigs was always fucking with us for no reason.

"Is there a problem officer?" Symere said facing him putting me behind his back.

"I stopped you because you were jay walking young man" he said and Symere raised his eyebrow.

"But I didn't cross any streets? I've been on this same sidewalk the whole time" he said and I grabbed my phone pulling it out to record.

"I'm requesting back up on MLK street, copy" he said into the mic.

"Fuck is you requesting backup for? We ain't do shit" Terrance said catching an attitude.

The officer soon pulled out a gun and out of fear of my brothers life I jumped in front of him begging him to stop.

"PLEASE DON'T SHOOT!" I shouted with tears in my eyes.

"Mook move!" Symere shouted jumping in front of me as the officer sent off shots.

Terrance pulled out a gun and shot back at the officer which made my eyes widen.