Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Note: Ughh...For the love of God, all those who skipped directly here just to find out what happened in the end, please go back up and read the whole freaking thing. I worked hard to make this story meaningful. Please don't spoil the fun guys.
Thank you for all those who read all the previous chapters. It means a lot!!!

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

R A C H E L' S P O V

Four years later

I flutter my eyes open, as the golden arching rays lit up my bedroom through the white curtains. I turn on my side to stop the bright rays from directly affecting my eyes but it doesn't help much either because I'm already awake. I sigh as I look at the door of my room wide open.

Lucas must be awake.

Last night, I stayed up till late, making preparations for today's Thanksgiving. Last year it was at Sam's, so this year I decided to host it. I may not be a great cook but Luke's there to help me. He has probably started with his work in the kitchen.

All our family and friends are coming over because I want to thank each one of them- My Mom, Dad, Anna, Liza, Tyler, Liam, Peter, Jake, Sam, Matt, and Chloe, for the amount of support they've given me throughout my life. I mean it when I say this that I wouldn't have been here today if it wouldn't have been for them. I may have crossed paths with them at different phases of my life but each one of them has served their purpose in my life, in some way or another. That's what Thanksgiving is all about right? To be thankful for all we have; each other, our home, the food we eat, and to the creator of everything.

My life has been good for the past few years and I'm thankful for the life I'm living. I'm thankful for the happiness of everyone around me. Matt and Sam are married with a son of their own. Tyler's a businessman. Liam's girlfriend couldn't make it to the dinner as she is spending her holidays with her family and guess what, Peter got engaged. Everything is perfect, right?

Well, what can I say, it's been a long time. Also, my autobiography is getting published this New Year. With that, all the wishes on my list will be finally fulfilled.

I am cuddling alone on my bed when I remember that Lucas is alone in the kitchen. I quickly throw the sheets off my body and jump out of bed, instantly missing the warm feeling. I make my towards Isabelle's room to wake her up.

Isabelle, my three-year-old daughter is the epitome of cuteness. She is this little version of her Dad and my married life is perfect, just like I dreamt of- a loving husband, a cute kid, a wonderful pet, and my dream bungalow in my hometown.

Oh, I forgot to mention. We shifted back to Austin during my pregnancy and we've settled here in our secret place since then. Well, it's not our secret place anymore, it's our home. We made some extensions to the house, renovated it, designed it well. It has its own garden, a pool, so basically our little mansion.

I push open Isabelle's bedroom door to find the bed empty so I walk down the stairs to find her sitting on the couch, watching Duck Tales.

"Hey, Sweetie." I greet her, as I reach the last step and she rushes into my arms as soon as she sees me. "Mommy. Good Morning and a Happy Thanksgiving." Oh my God, she remembered. I kiss her cheeks and ask her, "Happy Thanksgiving Baby. How did you wake up without Mommy?"