Chapter Forty-Four

Time passed slowly as Cassiopeia patiently waited for James to appear. She expected he was busy with his friends, most likely setting up a prank, and that he would eventually run into the room with his hand running through his messy hair as he grinned cheekily at her. But he didn't. 

She stared up at the full moon and realised it perfectly lit up the grounds of Hogwarts. It was then that she spotted multiple figures that were heading towards the Forbidden Forest. She narrowed her eyes as she tried to work out what they could possibly be. She was certain there were a dog and a stag but she wasn't sure whether she was simply imagining the small creature beside them. She knew there were many creatures hidden away in the forest but she found it strange that they had come from the castle. 

A loud howl caused her to jump as she caught sight of a werewolf running into the forest and then two - potentially three - beings chasing after it. Cassiopeia held onto the railings of the Astronomy Tower as she stared at where they had been. 

She then thought back to her third year and the lesson with the boggarts and the names James would call his three friends and it all finally fell into place. Cassiopeia laughed to herself as she realised there were three unregistered animagus and a werewolf attending Hogwarts. Of course, her cousin and his three prankster friends were able to get away with it. She was impressed they had managed to even become animagus as she knew the potion was terribly difficult. 

A few days later, Cassiopeia was sat in the library studying by herself when the four Marauders suddenly sat at her table, their intentions to disrupt her revision. "What do you want?" Cassiopeia asked without looking at them. 

"Why must we want something?" Sirius asked, feigning hurt.

"You always want something," Cassiopeia replied. 

Sirius nudged his cousin causing her to draw a line down her parchment paper, "You may as well stop revising now."

Cassiopeia and Sirius stared at each other, "You're impossible," Cassiopeia told him before she directed her attention onto Remus, "Who bit you?"

Immediately, the boy went bright red as he and his friends stared at her in shock, their mouths agape, but she had gone back to reading her notes, "Sorry?" Remus managed to squeak out. 

"Was it Fenir Greyback? He is the only other werewolf I have heard of," She looked up to see Remus nod his head causing her to sigh, "I've met him a few times. He's one of Bellatrix's goons now. Nasty man."

"Aren't you scared of me?" Remus asked her, "I'm a monster."

Cassiopeia burst into laughter, alarming the four boys greatly, "Oh please, Remus. Do you not know who my family is? Now they are the real monsters. You didn't choose to be bitten, you were an innocent child. But my family, they have chosen their life of cruelty. Bellatrix Lestrange is definitely a monster. But Remus Lupin? Nope, definitely not."