Chapter 6

Lake Day

"Alright maggots" Shadis exclaims, "Since graduation is so close I will give you guys a day off! Don't come bothering me, especially you (L/n)."

The said girl shyly waves at him, faking innocence, and he lets out an annoyed grunt. Her friends began discussing what they were going to do with their free time when Reiner wraps his arm around (Y/n) with a grin.

"How about we go out to the lake?" Reiner suggests, making everyone's face light up.

"That's a good idea, let's meet up at the edge of the forest in an hour," Krista says and pulls (Y/n) away from Reiner. They all part ways to get their stuff to go on the small excursion. (Y/n) packs up a towel, an extra set of pants and shirt, and some bandages. (C/n) meows and jumps into the bag.

"Good girl" (Y/n) whispers and pats the feline's head. She brings the bags up to her shoulder and heads out of the cabin. She reaches the edge of the forest, Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie were talking closely. That's weird, they never talk to each other, she thinks to herself. She quietly gets closer to them and she hears them say something about Trost and wall, but couldn't make out anything else.

"Hey, what's up guys? What are you guys talking about?" (Y/n) asks, making her presence known. They all look startled at her sudden appearance. That's definitely suspicious, she thinks to herself. Reiner walks over to her and drapes his large arm around her shoulders.

"Nothing, princess" Reiner nonchalantly says with a shrug, "We're just talking about the fish we're going to catch."

(Y/n) raises her eyebrow at them. Her demon senses were telling her that something was wrong. That something was going to happen. She wanted to ask questions, however, one look at Annie's face told her not to. The blonde's eyes were wide, her lips parted slightly, and her eyes kept moving between Reiner and Bertholdt. It was their secret sign to shut up.

"Bet I can catch the biggest fish," (Y/n) finally says and sways on her feet, her hands wrapping around the straps of the bag. The rest of their friends appeared.

"Reiner! Get your hands off her!" Jean screams, snatching the man's arm away from the girl. Jean then grabs her hand and leads her into the forest with everyone following behind. (Y/n) wanted to take her hand away from his hand, but his hand was shaking nervously and the blush on his cheeks made her heart soften.

"You're so cute" (Y/n) teases and the male turns back at her.

"I'm not cute," he shyly stutters. Connie comes out from behind them and pokes Jean on the cheek with a smirk on his face.

"He's blushing like a little kid cause he's holding hands with (Y/n)" Connie loudly says so everyone could tease the two-toned hair boy.

"Don't get too comfortable with (Y/n), she's my wife!" Ymir screams from behind them earning a laugh from everyone.

"You have Krista!" Jean screams back.

"But I want both" Ymir complains, her arm coming down onto Krista's head and ruffling her hair.

"You're so greedy" Jean retorts, bringing up his hand that was holding onto (Y/n)'s hand, "She's my wife now."

At the comment, Eren and Reiner run up to him, their fists up in the air. They began shouting about how he shouldn't make comments that aren't true and to keep his greedy hands off of (Y/n). All she did was watch from the side, laughing at their weirdness. Today is going to be fun, she thinks and looks back at Annie who was walking by herself. She took pity on her friend so she lets go of Jean's hand and slows down to walk into step with Annie.