2

Ashley's P.O.V

I laid in a corner on my stomach colouring in a colouring book. I enjoy this, I feel safe and not a dumb baby, I'm a happy baby. I drank my apple juice from my sippy cup giggling to myself. I had my earbuds in listening to Disney songs.

"Everyone, the big kids are here" The teacher said.

I looked up and saw a lot of teens coming in. I got scared about how many people were in the room and I hid more into the corner. They're going to see me and call me gross. Tears started to form in my eyes as the big kids talked to the littles.

"We have half an hour to choose your caregiver" The teacher walked out leaving all of us.

All of the littles were happy and not scared. I grabbed my bunny and held her to my chest. I don't want them to be near me. I hugged my legs and my head was on my knees as tears fell down my face.

"What's wrong little one?" I looked up and saw one of the big teens. His hair is short and brown and his eyes are green.

I wiped my tears and looked around, no one was in the room anymore.

"Can I pick you up?" He asked in a soft voice

I nodded a bit and he picked me up.

"Why are you crying?"

"Too m-many people" I choked out.

"Did us big kids scare you?"

I nodded and chewed on my nails.

"I won't hurt you I promise, can I be your caregiver little one?"

"W-what that?" I asked still chewing my nails

"A caregiver is when someone looks out for little ones like you to make sure that they are safe and happy" He smiled

"Do chu not care that I a boy?"

"Not at all"

"Even tho I in a skirt?"

"You look adorable in this skirt, and if anyone says otherwise tell me"

I nodded and hugged the guy.

"So, can I be your caregiver?"

"Mhmm, w-what do I call you?"

"Well, for now till you're comfortable you can call me my name, Ivan"

"I is Ashley" I giggled

"Such a cute name baby boy, want to do out and play with everyone else?"

I nodded and I tried reaching for my bag and sippy. Ivan smiled and grabbed my bag. I opened it and took out a blue paci that the nurse gave me. I stuck it in my mouth and stared into Ivan's green eyes. They're pretty eyes.

"C-can I swing?" I asked a girl who was on a swing.

"No, this is my swing" She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Chu can't own swings, it school pwopewty" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"You're just a dumb three year old who wears dresses, you're too young to swing"

I stepped back a bit as tears started to form in my eyes again. She's right, I'm just a dumb baby boy who wears skirts and dresses. I took off the bunny headband and threw it on the ground running away crying.

While running I ran into someone falling on my butt.

"Hey there, are you okay?" A girls voice asked

I looked up with tears in my eyes making everything blurry.

"Calm down hun, what happened?" The girl bent down to me.

"T-the mean girl o-on the swing c-called too young to swing a-and she said that I'm not allowed to wear my skirt" I cried

"Which girl hun"

I pointed at the girl who was now putting on my headband going back to the swing.

"Oh geese, Diana" The girl stood up and grabbed my hand walking us over to this Diana mean girl. "Diana, what did you do?"

"He wouldn't let me on the swing so I said if he wouldn't let me I would tell" Diana lied

"Not true, you said that I'm just a dumb three year old who wears dresses" I shouted at her

"Don't yell hun, Diana is that true what he said?"

"Well, maybe, just a tiny bit"

"Diana, the truth," The girl said sternly

"Fine, yes, I did call him a dumb three year old, but look at him, he's wearing a skirt" She pointed at me.

"And why is that a problem? He's allowed to do what he loves"

"Because he's a boy"

"Apologize to him and give him his headband back"

"But"

"No buts"

"I-I'm sorry," Diana said getting off of the swing. I saw tears pricking in her eyes.

"It's okay, you can keep the headband" I walked away and went to the nurse's office.

"Hey there Ashley, is everything okay?" The nurse asked

"Is it okay if I change my clothes?" I asked not feeling really little.

"Why? You look amazing in that"

"I'm a guy, I shouldn't be wearing girl clothes"

"I'm guessing you're not little, you can change, your clothes is in the dresser"

I nodded and grabbed my clothes and changed into them. "So, what do I do since i'm not little?" I asked

"There's a class for when littles aren't little anymore, room 165"

"Okay, um, what do I do with these clothes?"

"You can keep them, we have tons of outfits, and if you want you can take another one home"

"Thanks, I better get to class"

"Ashley?" Ivan came into the nurse's office

"Sup"

"Are you okay? Jasmine told me what happened with you and Diana"

"Yeah, it's whatever, she's just a brat" I scoffed

"You two need to get to class, recess is over"

"Okay, thanks" I smiled at the nurse, and both Ivan and I walked out.

"So, this is big you?" Ivan asked

"Yeah, sorry, i'm probably not what you wanted, you know, an emo freak like me around you, it's fucking dumb"

"Do not talk like that Ash, I chose you" Ivan grabbed my arm and looked into my eyes.

"But I was little when you chose me, now you can see my big self"

"I don't care, you are still you" Ivan pulled me into a hug "I won't leave you no matter what"