SUCH A LONELY HEART <

alexa.
one day later.

"are you hungry?"

i sat on one of the kitchen stools, motionless and still in shock about last night. did it actually happen?

it was just me and sierra at home today, luke wanted to go clear his head so sierra gave him a list of things to do; like grocery shopping or going to michael's house, things like that.

i shook my head, not daring to look at her. i was hungry, but i knew that if i ate i would throw up from anxiety.

"are you sure?" she asked, trying to catch my eye view.

"yeah," i murmured softly.

"do you want to watch a movie?" she asked, resulting in another no.

i felt bad truly, but i didn't want to do anything. i was tired, stressed out, and still shaken up.

"i'm gonna go upstairs to my room," i mumble, turning the kitchen stool and hopping off, rushing upstairs— leaving her in the kitchen silent. alone.

i sat up in my room, half asleep and waiting for sierra to come check up on me. she told me she would an hour ago

i woke up fully when i heard a faint couple of knocks, and then a couple more after that.

what the fuck?

i get up, grabbing my phone and slowly leaving my bedroom and walking down the stairs the noisy stairs.

and there it was, the door being banged and beaten on. it shook the whole house, which frightened me.

"fuck— sierra!" i shrieked, but no one answered. "luke!" i yell again, hearing no one answer back. again.

i rush into the kitchen, grabbing a giant knife and the front door flying open— hitting the wall, probably damaging it.

"alexa georgia hemmings, where are you?"

fuck.

the voice sounded so familiar, and i immediately felt weak in my knees at his voice. how the fuck did he get here?

"dad?" i said quietly to myself, i walked into the living room to reveal him. "what the fuck are you doing here?"

"alexa." he snarled, him being clearly drunk. or maybe he was just being himself. "i said i would be here, did you not see? cmon, pack your things. we are leaving and then i'm sending you to a boarding school."

"you have no right to make that decision." i snap, backing away from him as he came closer to me.

i didn't expect him to put his hands on me, because how could he go that low? but to my surprise, he grabbed my wrist and starts dragging me along the fucking floor.

"you are coming home no matter what you want." he spits, "no matter if you want your little fairy tail with luke."

how could he say these things? what the fuck does he think i am?

i manage to wiggle my way out of his tight grip of my wrist and rush to the stairs, rushing up them and down the hall into a blind spot closet that was in the back of the house.

i shake in terror, grabbing my phone once i come to my senses and clicking on luke's contact and hitting the call button.

"please pick up." i beg to no one, shaking as the phone rang a couple of times and hearing thd sound of him picking up. "luke,"

my voice is shaky, laced with terror and quiet. it's also raspy.

"alexa hey— wait, what's wrong?" his voice went into panic mode. it was super super loud, which made me more scared.

i lowered my volume, nervous that my dad was going to figure out where i was and drag me again.

"come home quick, please," i begged. "dads here and he's not happy."

i could here him immediately tell the people he was with, who i assumed were ashton, michael and calum.

"what the fuck do you mean? he's at our house? how the hell did he get in, fuck i told sierra not to leave." he told me. "i'm on my way, turn on your location."

i turned on my location as quick as i could. "i love you, i'll be home soon. you'll be alright, i promise."

he ended the call after his last words and i heard footsteps walking up to the closet. i shake in fear, covering my mouth— hoping he walks away.

but to my luck the door swung open, and there the psycho bitch was. he looked so psycho that spit was coming out of his mouth.

i screamed loudly, trying to crawl under him and run past but he grabbed my wrist and pulling me back.

the previous marks from him grabbing me hurt even worse as he gripped onto my wrist.

"let go of me, you fucking psycho!" i yelled, trying to push his hand off of my wrist. him managing to keep a firm grip on it.

"shut up, alexa!" he yelled at me, his voice harsh and rough. he legit was dragging me down the stairs at this point.

but i was fucking determined to escape.

my foot caught the wall upon the stair corner, causing him to fall down face first and me getting up and rushing past his body on the floor, groaning noises coming from him.

when i rushed into the kitchen i saw a note on the table that i didn't see before, and it wrote;

grabbing stuff at crystals house, be back soon. i love you, si.

i whined to myself, could she had chosen any other time? i rushed behind the kitchen island as my dad appeared again.

just as the psycho bitch was about to yell again, my heroes came into the front door— swinging it open and revealing a very, very angry luke.

"there you are," luke angrily said, searching the house before his eyes landed on me. they softened a little.

my dads eyes were narrowed and his eyebrows furrowed. "give me back my daughter. she is mine."

"mom gave me ownership of her, you have no right to alexa." luke snarled, anger laced his voice. "either you get the fuck out, or i will call the police. how do you think they'll react to a psycho man like you in my home?"