I Am the New Girl-25

You know how it's always the hardest to sleep the night before your first day of school? And how you always wake up hours before you need to and can't get your eyes to shut again because of anticipation? Well that had never happened to me.

Until today that is.

Yes, I, Reese Francis Carter, could not fall asleep. 

This has never happened to me before, probably because I've never been nervous to go to school. But now, I was in a whole new state with all new people and despite what Declan said, I could end up alone. 

And yeah, it isn't that hard to make new friends, but when you're a YouTuber who has released all their problems online - honestly, what was I thinking? - No one will want to be friends with you. And if they do, it'll probably be mean girls who only like me so they could be in my videos.

"Why me," I said as I jumped out of my bed and got ready for the day, and I had a feeling this would be a long one.

An hour later, I met Lace downstairs, and we got ready to leave the house. 

"Don't be mean to cute guys, okay?" I said and pulled her in for a hug. "You're pretty; they just want to have your babies."

I could practically hear her rolling her eyes. "Okay, whatever," she said, but she squeezed me back a little tighter.

We let go and proceeded to walk out of the house, going our separate ways. Declan had offered to give her a ride, but she had declined saying that she'd rather take the bus. I don't know why.

I walked over to Declan's house and rang the doorbell. Almost immediately, Ashton opened the door, but he didn't even look at me, he just walked past and got into the car.

I was going to ask him what was wrong, but Declan appeared and pulled me into a hug. "Ready?" he asked, still holding me. 

I inhaled deeply and squeezed him tighter. Why couldn't life be perfect and everything could be Declan and rainbows?

"No," I mumbled.

"Reese, you're gonna be fine, you’re a very likable person," Declan said, pulling away and staring me down.

"Fine," I said. "Let's just go."

We walked into the car and got in. I sat in the back since Ashton refused to get up no matter how much Declan told him to. I didn't really mind sitting in the back, but Declan did.

"Calm down, John Doe, it's just a seat," I said.

He pouted. "Fine." He started the car and pretty soon we were at Taylor's house. She decided to hitch a ride with us instead of using her own car because she didn't want to be alone.

"Hey guys!" She said happily as she got into the back with me. Then she noticed our faces. "Why do you guys look so sad? It's depressing."

I shrugged along with Ashton and Declan.

"Tough crowd," she mumbled and didn't say anything after that. It was a short and silent drive to school, no one saying anything. I guess we were all a little bit nervous. Especially Ashton; it was his first year in high school. What if he got bullied because he was a freshman or something like that?

I remember my freshman year. I'm still hoping that I can forget it, actually.

When we walked out of the car, those good looking guys from the beach the day before came around the car, except this time I could actually breathe because they were fully clothed.