Chapter 6: Deku vs Shantae

A large double door blocked the way of the two heroes. Deku was about to raise his leg up to kick the door down when Shantae stopped him. She gave him a look that said, Allow me. Deku looked confused but then nodded for her to continue.

Shantae took a stance and began to perform a belly dance. Deku blushed and realized that the half-genie was doing a magic dance. Suddenly she posed and transformed into... an elephant!

Deku stared in awe at the sight of his lovely friend as an elephant

Deku stared in awe at the sight of his lovely friend as an elephant. Elephant Shantae took a few steps back and charged at the door. As soon as she hit the door, it burst open!

Shantae returned to her normal form. "Ta da!" She exclaimed. "How did you like my elephant form?"

"That was amazing," Deku said with starry eyes. "How many forms do you have?"

"I have plenty to show you soon," answered Shantae with a giggle.

Deku just blushed at her giggle. As eager as he was to see Shantae's other forms, he knew that there were other things that needed to be taken care of.

They looked into the doorway and shuddered in fear. They shook the fear away and marched inside.

*****

The two arrived in a room with a large pool of water in the middle. Next to the water was a very creepy figure. He wore a dark wizard's outfit with a good over his head. His face looked like a skull with red eyes.

 His face looked like a skull with red eyes

This must be the Hypno Baron, thought Deku. He looks scary!

"Finally," said the evil figure. "My plan is almost ready. Soon, all of Scuttle Town and Sequin Land will be under my control."

"Not so fast, Hypno Baron," said Shantae bravely. "Whatever you have planned, my friend and I will stop you!"

Hypno Baron turned around to face the heroes and growled. "Shantae," he said. "I knew you would try to stop me! I never expected to see a green kid with you."

"Whatever you have planned, stop now," said Deku bravely.

Hypno Baron smirked and snapped his fingers. Suddenly, from the pool of water was a GIANT mermaid! She had black hair and a blue gem. Her eyes were dull with red spirals spinning.