The Car Ride

Dialogue in bold will be conversations in Arabic because I don't want to use the untrustworthy Google Translate and butcher someone's language.

——————————

Demetria's P.O.V.:

I sat in between the two males, Father on my left and Damian on my right. Father is currently reading and scrolling through his phone while Damian is leaning on his hand, staring out the window.

"What's the plan, Dami?" I ask Damian.

Father looks up from his phone and looks at me questioningly.

"Search and destroy," he responds, leaning his head further into his hand.

"Arabic?" Father asks. "You two can speak another language?"

Damian and I look at him and nod, quickly turning our attention away from him and towards our plan.

"We don't have much time left," I say, "We only have a few more hours."

"Then we have to get going," he says sitting up and turning towards me.

"Dami, we need a plan. How are we going to get to the location with the World's Greatest Detective breathing down our necks?"

"You'll figure something out." He turns his attention back to the passing structures.

"Me?!" he doesn't respond. "Fine," I sigh.

"Fine what?" Father asks.

I looked over to Damian, seeing if he'll make up an excuse. But to no luck, he keeps his back towards me. "Nothing, twin things. You wouldn't understand."

"Okay?" Father goes back to scrolling on his phone.

I sigh in relief, thankful that he didn't further interrogate me. I elbow Damian, causing him to give a light groan of pain.

"What was that for?"

"For not helping me."

"I told you that you would figure something out," he says, holding his side.

I look at him in disbelief. He expects me to do all the hard work! I lean back into my seat, and lean my head back, looking up at the roof of the vehicle. "Are we there yet?" I ask.

Father stops scrolling through his phone and looks out the window. "A few more minutes," he says, going back to whatever he was doing on his phone. 

Just as he says that the car instantly halts, sending the three of us forward. Out of all of the times, we don't put a seatbelt, something like this happens. Father reaches out to the window dividing us from the driver and slides it open. "What's going on?"

"There seems to have been an accident, sir," The driver responds, pointing at the smoke rising from the area, a couple of yards ahead of us.

"A few minutes you say," Damian grits out, squinting at Father.

Father opens the car door and steps out, trying to look at the accident. He holds the door with one hand, maneuvering his body and hand in different directions, trying to get a clearer view of the scene. 

"You look like an idiot, Father," I tell him.

He instantly stops and looks my way. "You two are practically carbon copies of me."

"We are nothing like you, Father," Damian speaks up.

"I don't know, Dami." I look at Damian up and down and then do the same towards Father. "You're a spitting image of him."