Book Three Chapter 2

Korra, Tenzin, Bumi, Kya, Pema, Rohan, Jinora, Ikki, Meelo, Bolin, Varron, Nokara, and you gather excitedly as a Future Industries airship touches down on Air Temple Island. It's finally time for us to embark on our journey to discover new airbenders. I have to admit, I haven't felt this thrilled in a long while. This unexpected adventure is something I'm genuinely glad about. As the airship's doors slide open, Asami steps out.

Asami: Who's up for a brand new, state-of-the-art airship?

Korra: Thanks a bunch, Asami! It's absolutely fantastic!

Varron: Man, this thing is beyond cool!

Nokara: Meh, I could whip up something like that anytime.

Varron: Jealousy, anyone?

Nokara playfully nudges him in the ribs.

Varron: Anyway, it's pretty impressive. Mako was lucky to have you. Well, "was"...

Asami smirks and winks, causing him to blush.

Asami: "Perhaps we did, perhaps we didn't."

Y/n: This should be a piece of cake. Can't wait to head out and scout for airbenders.

Asami: And if we're doing it, might as well do it in style.

Varron: You're a genius, Asami. Seriously sharp thinking.

Asami: (sarcastically) No need to flatter me.

Meelo and Ikki zoom past everyone, headed straight for the ship. Poki, Meelo's pet lemur, follows closely behind.

Meelo: Woohoo, airship time!

Ikki: Let's check it out!

They hop onto air scooters and zoom up the ship's ramp and into the vessel.

Korra: Gotta get going before they accidentally turn this place into a landing strip.

Y/n: True that! It'd be a bummer if we didn't find any new airbenders along the way.

Kya: Pema and I will keep things running smoothly here while you're off adventuring.

Y/n: You sure? Need an extra hand, Kya?

Kya shakes her head, chuckling.

Kya: Nah, we're good. You and Korra stick together, and really, what's the worst that could happen?

Varron: Please don't jinx it, because I have a gut feeling something's bound to mess up.

Y/n: Relax, my friend. I'm sure everything's gonna be alright.

Kya laughs and picks up Rohan.

Kya: Who's ready to hang out with their cool aunt?

Rohan responds to his aunt's affectionate gesture by getting sick on her chest.

Varron: Oh boy...

Pema: Oh, look at that, he's showing his love.

Y/n: Need a hand with anything?

Kya: Thanks, but I've got it. Just gonna change my clothes. Catch you later, Y/n.

Y/n: See ya, Kya!

Mako and Nokara approach you and Korra.

Korra: Mako, I can't believe you came.

Mako: Naturally, I'm here, Korra. Uh, I mean, Avatar Korra!

Nokara: Always up for supporting the Avatar on her quest.

Mako gives a salute, and Nokara lets out a chuckle. He turns a bit red.

Mako: I received your message and, after that, I reached out to various spots across the Earth Kingdom. Turns out there are sightings everywhere. I've marked the locations on this map for you.