13

nov. 11th, 2038.
cyberlife tower.
snowing.
11:03 p.m.
---

(y/n) and Hank were drug to the CyberLife tower by who they thought was Connor at first. The identical-looking android kept up the act until they arrived at the tower. Now the two were held at gunpoint by the android with Connor in front of them trying to convert androids for the revolution. (y/n) thought he would never fall for something like this but even he bought the android's act. Connor turns to the three as Hank groans, "Easy, fucking piece of shit!"

"Step back, Connor! And I'll spare them." the identical android shouts.

"Sorry, Connor. This bastard's your spittin' image." Hank apologizes.

"Yeah, sorry about this. Guy's pretty fuckin' convincing." (y/n) adds.

"Your friends' lives are in your hands. Now, it's time to decide what matters most. Them or the revolution." the identical android shouts.

"Don't listen to him, Connor!" (y/n) yells.

"Everything this fucker says is a lie!" Hank adds.

Connor's voice quivers as he speaks, "I'm sorry, (y/n), Hank. You two shouldn't have got mixed up in all this."

"Forget about me, do what you have to do!" 

"We'll be okay, Connor. You do what you're destined to!" (y/n) encourages Connor.

Connor looks to the android holding his friends, "I used to be just like you. I thought nothing mattered except the mission. But then one day, I understood."

"Very moving, Connor. But I'm not a deviant. I'm a machine designed to accomplish a task, and that's exactly what I'm going to do!" The deviant moves closer to the two he holds hostage, "Enough talk! It's time to decide who you really are. Are you going to save your partners' lives? Or are you going to sacrifice them?"

Connor backs away from the group of androids, "Alright, alright. You win."

Immediately the identical android points his gun at Connor. Hank grabs the gun from the android and (y/n) sweeps the android's right leg under him. Connor rushes the android and the android flips Connor onto the floor. The two continue to fight as Hank and (y/n) help each other regain their composure. 

The two androids throw punches and kicks at each other and finally, both are knocked onto the floor. "Hold it!" Hank shouts aiming the gun at the two.

The two androids get to their feet and keep their eyes locked on Hank. "Thanks, Hank. I don't know how I would've managed without you. Get rid of him we have no time to lose." says one android.

(y/n) holds his gun aimed at one android and Hank with his aimed at the other.

"It's me, Hank!" shouts the other.

"One of you is my partner. The other is a sack of shit. Question is, who is who?"

"What are you doing, Hank? I'm the real Connor. Give me the gun and I'll take care of him." 

"Don't move!" Hank shouts.

"Why don't you ask us something? Something only the real Connor would know." one android proposes.

"Where did we first meet?" Hank asks.

"Jimmy's bar! I checked four other bars before I found you." one android blurts out. "We went to the scene of a homicide. The victim's name was Carlos Ortiz."

"He uploaded my memory..." the other android mumbles.

"What's my dog's name?" Hank asks.

"Sumo. His name is Sumo!"

"I knew that, too!"

"My son, what's his name?"

"Cole. His name was Cole. And he just turned six at the time of the accident..."

Hank and (y/n)'s faces drop.

"It wasn't your fault, Lieutenant. A truck skidded on a sheet of ice and your car rolled over. Cole needed emergency surgery but there was no human available to do it. So an android had to take care of him." Connor's voice drops, "Cole didn't make it. That's why you hate androids. You think one of us is responsible for your son's death."

"Cole died because a human surgeon was too high on red ice to operate. He was the one that took my son from me. Him and this world, where the only way people can find comfort is with a fistful of powder..."

"I knew about your son, too!" the identical android panics. "I would have said exactly the same thing. Don't listen to him, Hank. I'm the one who-" the android is interrupted by a bullet through his skull.

"I've learned a lot since I met you, Connor. Maybe there's something to this... Maybe you really are alive. Maybe you'll be the ones to make the world a better place. Go ahead, do what you gotta do."

(y/n) stands behind Hank punching the air. Finally.

Connor walks over to an android and awakens it, "Wake up." 

Soon there's a whole sea of androids telling one another to wake up while touching their shoulder. The three watch in awe. 

---

(y/n) gets home with a ride from Hank and waves at him as he drives away.

He walks as fast as he can with a boot on his broken leg and takes a seat on the couch. He turns on the T.V. which is broadcasting Markus' speech with North and Connor on either side of him. (y/n) dials his sister's number. 

"Hello, (y/n)?" she asks.

"They did it!" he shouts into the phone. 

"Holy shit, really?" 

"Is Walt with you? I need to talk to him."

"Yeah, here he is." She hands to phone over to Walt.

Tears start streaming down (y/n)'s face. "Walt, they did it. Markus did it. I'm watching his speech now."

"Oh," Walt replies. "He saved us?"

"I mean he's won the battle. There's probably going to be negotiations but Markus won the battle with the military. The president had the military stand down. You can come home!"

"Really?" 

"Yes, I'm going to get you as soon as I can, okay?" 

"Okay, I'll wait for you."

"I love you, Walt. Stay safe up there, okay?"

"I will. I love you, too."