Chapter 7: Shock

(Image not mine)

(continuation of last scene)

Angie swerved her armored jeep around, her second command the female A.T.P. Jan'esi was operating the mounted gun.

Angie nodded to her subordinate beside her, who got the message before Angie then operated her vehicle to cruise mode. At a fast pace, Angie then decided to honour of the driver's seat and made a combat roll towards nearby cover, a bunch of rocks and shrubs.

Angie at the meantime got our her Caster Rifle, her favored weapon made of Aetherian technology,  shooting "solid light" radiation and light so compressed that it solidified to seering hot crystal. Angie then looked around to see lots of Saderans instead front of her, she can't counted a number beyond 10,000s

The Saderans were falling like flies as they advanced, rows of C.C. tanks, Vasily jeeps both armored and not armored were charging ahead to form an initial line.

The C.C. tanks proves to be a valuable asset in this battle. Their fast firing 55mm devastated the enemies before them. The jeeps had their twin linked machine guns firing full on to the Saderan ranks.

She then saw a Balistae's shot fly off and hit a C.C. tank in the turret. The gigantic arrow snapped and the arrowhead bounced off.

"It just bounced." Angie made a witty comment to herself.

She peeked to where she saw the Balistae, then she saw it explode and blow up massively. Angie had staggered a bit because of that shot, it came from a powerful gun, but it was too close for comfort.

Angie looked and saw a C.C. tank with an unusually large gun, recently fired based on the smoke coming out of the barrel. She saw the hatch slowly open and out comes her boyfriend, Nath wearing his viper skull mask.

"Angie! What the f*ck were you thinking going ahead like that?!" He said before he would casually catch two arrows with both of his hands.

"Letting of some steam!" Angie yelled back before she stood up and looked to see the Saderan Army still marching.

"Why didn't you say so? I could have joined." Nath said, a little closer as he exited his tank.

"You always hog the attention. You always got to be on top. But if you want to." She said before she then unsheathed her sword and got her Caster rifle and dual wielded them.

"Let's have a bet on how fast this army flees before us?" Angie said.

"A shwarama if you win, a frappe if I win." Nath said with his body language being witty.

"Deal." Angie said before she then faced the Saderan Army.

...

"The battle has begun." Deimos said in his jeep.

"Don't start the total war references. Here shoot them deader with this." Sanford said before he stopped his jeep then grabbed a large ass grenade launcher and gave it to Deimos.

"OOOOH! For little ol' me?" Deimos said with very big eyes

"Just to shut you up from speaking random total war quotes. Now shut up and shoot!" Sanford ordered

"Aye sir! Just like back in hell." Deimos said in happiness. He was referencing the hellhole that is Navadeea.

"Amber how are you doing up there!?" Sanford asked their gunner.

"IM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE! THANKS!" amber would yell in excitement as she gunned down countless enemies with her machine guns.

"HAKHAKHAK!" Amber would laugh like a maniac as she let high caliber rounds hit the Saderan's positions.  Tearing through their flimsy shields and spears.