- 1 9 - TARANTULA

LORELEI DID NOT LIKE LEE'S TARANTULA

LORELEI DID NOT LIKE LEE'S TARANTULA. Neither did Brizo. She saw Brizo trying to escape the compartment. She glared at Lee. "Brizo was here first. Go find somewhere for him."

"My tarantula's staying."

"Lee," Lorelei warned.

"Lor," Lee said right back with a smirk.

It seemed all the third-years had grown over the summer. Angelina and Alicia looked much better than they had the year before. More muscle for sure. Lee even filled out a bit. Lorelei glared at the boy with dread-locks. "Don't make me angry, Jordan."

"Ooh, Calypso. I'd like to see it," George said teasingly.

Lorelei groaned and stood up with Brizo shaking in her hands. "You're foul for making him so uncomfortable." She left the compartment to calm Brizo. She saw a toad a few compartments forward with a chubby boy and a bushy-haired girl chasing it. Snickering, she pulled out her wand and sent a spell to make the toad freeze.

The boy looked at her fearfully. "Er..thanks." He picked up his toad and walked away briskly. The girl stayed and stared at the mermaid and crab.

"Is that a crab?"

"Yes? Why?"

"It wasn't on the list of approved animals," the girl said knowingly.

Lorelei only smirked. "I'm a special case. What's your name?"

"Hermione Granger. And yours? You should probably put your robes on soon," she replied with a bit of a mocking tone in her voice.

"Alright, Hermione. You forget that there are students who've been here before, right? I'll put my robes on when it's closer. My name is Lorelei Calypso," Lorelei wanted to go find Ron but the girl seemed excited now that her name was out in the open.

"So, you're the mermaid!?" she said happily.

"Yeah...er, I'll talk to you later, Hermione," Lorelei said quickly pushing past her to find Ron's compartment.

When she found it, she snickered at the candy and chocolates everywhere. Ron blushed when he saw Lorelei staring at them. Harry looked up thinking it would be that Malfoy again or Hermione. He really was worried about the people here based on those two.

"Ronald? Could you watch Brizo for me? Lee's tarantula is harassing him," Lorelei said inviting herself into the compartment. Harry looked confused. He didn't see an animal, but then he did. The crab appeared on her shoulder looking around the compartment while hiding behind her hair. "Oh, come off it, Briz. You're worse than Ron with spiders, you old codfish. There's no tarantula here."

Brizo relaxed and jumped into Ron's lap happily.

"A crab?" Harry questioned.

"Oi, don't start mumbling about it not being approved like that girl. Brizo is a special little thing," Lorelei moaned while leaning back onto the seat. Harry looked amazed at the crab.

Ron smirked a bit. "Yeah, I can watch him."

Lorelei grinned and sat up. "Brilliant. No spells on him either. I'll be back to get him before the train ride ends. Behave, Briz." She watched as Brizo went up to Harry and settled in his lap. "Hmm, seems another person he likes. He hates Fred." Ron snickered at that. "Can I take one?" she asked referring to a chocolate frog sitting on the seat.

Harry nodded quickly. "S-Sure, yeah." He looked down at the crab sleeping in his lap. This day just kept getting crazier.

"Brilliant. See you, boys, later."

When she left the compartment, Harry looked at Ron confused.

"Lorelei's a mermaid."

Harry just about choked on his chocolate frog.

Lorelei made it back to her compartment to see Lee harassing Angelina with the tarantula. Lee looked up with a smirk and asked where Brizo was. She told him and he grinned since he had won and could keep his tarantula for all to see.

George saw the chocolate frog in her hand and ripped it quickly from her grasp. Lorelei glared at the boy. "You know damn well I can buy you one when the trolley gets here in a few minutes." George only smirked wider and took a large bite of it. Lorelei huffed and fell back next to Angelina while pushing Lee to the other side.

When they made it near the school, the boys took their robes to an empty compartment to change while the girls stayed in theirs. Lorelei went to find Brizo as soon as the train ride ended. She kissed Ron's cheek and ruffled Harry's hair. "Good luck, you two." The boys blushed.

Lee stayed away from Lorelei when she hissed at him and her eyes darkened. He had tried to taunt Brizo with the large tarantula. How could that be approved but a crab wasn't? Lee muttered to the twins about her eyes and they chuckled. Mermaids were extremely powerful when they wanted to be. Becoming angry brought out the power in her.

The Great Hall was full of whispers about the boy who lived making Lorelei feel terrible for him. Brizo rested on her shoulder to watch the sorting. He was watching Ron and Harry the most, of course. Harry was his new best friend.

"Guess what?" Lorelei asked with a grin receiving curious looks from her friends. "Brizo loves Harry. Fred, just another person he likes and you are not one of them."

Fred cursed and pointed at the crab. "You have problems."

Brizo huffed back at him.

The first-years came in, and the Sorting Hat sang his song. The first-years seemed amazed. George nudged Lorelei and said, "Fred told Ron he would have to wrestle a troll or something for his sorting. Look how relieved he looks." Lorelei and George snickered at Ron's face. He looked much better while speaking animatedly to Harry.

The sorting seemed to take forever as the entire hall waited for Harry's turn it seemed like. When he was called up, he looked terrified. Lorelei could see him mumbling nonsense to himself and the Sorting Hat suddenly proclaimed him a Gryffindor. The twins high-fived and screamed, "We got Potter! We got Potter!" Percy shook his hand as he sat close to the new Gryffindors. They all waited for Ron's turn, and he was, of course, placed in Gryffindor like his brothers. Lorelei and the twins made loud obnoxious noises to make Ron embarrassed.

"Ickle Ronniekins!" Fred screamed out. "So proud!"

George and Lorelei were wolf-whistling until McGonagall shot them all a look. Harry and Ron were looking at Lorelei. She sent them a wink pulling George to sit down.

After Blaise Zabini was sorted into Slytherin (Angelina had guessed it), Dumbledore announced it was time to eat after a few words; literally. Lorelei sat Brizo on her lap as he happily too his food from her. It would be a good year.