- 2 1 - HARRY'S FIRST MATCH

THE FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH WAS AGAINST SLYTHERIN, MUCH TO LORELEI'S DISPLEASURE

THE FIRST QUIDDITCH MATCH WAS AGAINST SLYTHERIN, MUCH TO LORELEI'S DISPLEASURE. Oliver began his speech that Fred and George mimicked making Oliver glare at them for a moment. Angelina snickered as Katie Bell groaned. Patricia had gotten sick, and when it was between Alicia and Katie, Katie Bell had done better. Alicia wasn't too miffed. She quite liked watching and practicing, which was good.

Lorelei groaned at the twins' antics. The speech always took forever because of the twins.

"We were all on the team last year," Lorelei muttered to Harry who was standing very close to her. "Fred and George like to make fun of Wood when he's stressed. And...er-Are you all right?" Harry nodded and looked a bit green. He reminded her of herself last year.

The game started after a mean handshake between Oliver and Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Captain. Lee began commentating as soon as the Quaffle was released and Lorelei had taken it.

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Lorelei Calypso of Gryffindor--what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too when she isn't sending poltergeist at my tarantula--" Lee started making the twins cheer loudly and Lorelei roll her eyes.

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

Lorelei continued to fly avoiding Montague and Pucey who were glued like magnets to her side. She quickly threw the Quaffle to Angelina and flew up making the two Slytherins crash into each other.

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Angelina Johnson, a good find of Oliver Wood's-- back to Calypso and--no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle. Stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Oliver Wood and the Gryffindors take the Quaffle--that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there," Lee took a breath.

Lorelei was going for Pucey who held the Quaffle too tight after stealing it from Katie a moment after she grabbed it. She groaned when she was hit in the ribs by him. He only smirked at her.

"Adrian Pucey speeding off toward the goalposts, but he's blocked by a second Bludger when he got too close to Calypso--sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which--nice play by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Calypso back in possession of the Quaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes--she's really flying--dodges a speeding Bludger -- the goalposts are ahead--come on, now, Lorelei-- Keeper Bletchley dives -- misses -- GRYFFINDORS SCORE!"

Lorelei grinned at George who had been the one to hit Pucey away from her. He gave her a thumbs-up before flying away. Way up above them, Harry was gliding over the game, squinting about for some sign of the Snitch. This was part of his and Wood's game plan.

After a while, Lorelei noticed the Snitch by Pucey's ear. He whacked it thinking it was a bug and dropped the Quaffle. Lorelei flew after it and caught it with ease. Harry and the Slytherin Seeker Terence Higgs had seen it.

Anger from the Gryffindor stands had been heard making the playing come to a halt as they watched Marcus Flint get reprimanded by Madam Hooch. Marcus Flint had blocked Harry on purpose, and Harry's broom spun off course. Hooch ordered a free shot at the goalposts for Gryffindor.

Lee tried his best not to sound like he was cheering for the Gryffindors. "So--after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating--"

"Jordan!" growled Professor McGonagall.

"I mean, after that open and revolting foul--"

"Jordan, I'm warning you--"

"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Johnson, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue to play, Gryffindor still in possession."

Lorelei watched Angelina make another goal with Katie Bell assisting as she noticed Harry's broom moving all sorts of ways. She could tell he couldn't control it. Knowing she could do nothing but try to alert Wood, she kept playing narrowly missing a Bludger. She saw Fred chase after it.

A few moments later, Flint seized the Quaffle from Angelina's arms and scored five times without anyone noticing once all eyes were on Harry's body dangling from his broomstick.

After a moment, the professor's stands were lit on fire somehow, directed on Snape causing his house to worry over him. Katie took the Quaffle right out of Flint's hands, as he was now distracted, while Harry was suddenly able to clamber back on to his broom.

The game continued as Harry had seen the Snitch again and took off after it. After Higgs and Harry raced after it, Higgs gave up as they were speeding toward the ground. Harry didn't and was able to pull up at the last second. Reaching his arm out, he had to let go of the broom. Lorelei held her breath as she watched him fly off his broom and land on the field looking as if he was to be sick.

"I've got the Snitch!" Harry shouted, waving it above his head after a moment of complete silence on the field, and the game ended in complete confusion. Lorelei felt the twins fly near her as the Gryffindors began to cheer.

"Did we win?" Fred asked.

"I think?" George questioned as Lee shouted that Gryffindor had one by one hundred and seventy points to sixty.

Marcus Flint was angered and outraged by this. He wanted to keep playing as Harry hadn't caught the Snitch the correct way. It wasn't in the rules, and he had caught it either way. Gryffindors were ecstatic but the Slytherins were pissed.

Lorelei felt herself being lifted by the twins in hugs after the match. She pulled Harry into a hug as well, congratulating him on a successful first match. The Gryffindors were looking good this year, and Wood was over the moon.