Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving... a time to be thankful for friends, family and food. Although Maddie this year was trying to repair friendship, her relationship with a certain boy will also forgetting a certain Bass.

"Blair look I'm sorry. Yale is yours, trust me" Maddie begged. She currently trying to get back into her best friend's good graces.

"Fine. I expect to see you at my family thanksgiving tomorrow night. Lord knows I need you" Blair expressed.

"I'll be there... just as along as Chuck is nowhere near" Maddie said falling back on Blair's bed.

"What happened now?" Blair asked intrigued by the news of her two friends clashing again.

"Adrian gave me an ultimatum. Stop talking to Chuck or we break up"

"Tell me you haven't stopped being friends with Chuck cause that is ridiculous" Blair exclaimed.

"No I've just been distancing myself. Adrian was going to go home but decided to stay. Wanted to have his first thanksgiving"

"M, don't you see he's manipulating you. I would drop that boy immediately"

"Just like you dropped yours. You know, you never told me what happened between you and Marcus"

"He was boring" Blair coldly stated.

"I have to get going I'll see you tomorrow"Maddie said giving a wave goodbye and leaving the penthouse at once.

The next day Maddie and Adrian were walking from bakery down the street from Blair's with a pie in hand.

"So thanksgiving you just eat?" Adrian asked.

"Yeah I'm going to warn you though. An upper east side thanksgiving always consists of something and going wrong" Maddie joked as they entered the building.

"Ms. Rose happy thanksgiving" Blair's doorman greeted as he ushered the two the elevator

"The same to you" Maddie said with a smile before the elevator doors closed.

The elevator doors opened and Eleanor came rushing towards the two.

"Oh I was hoping you were Blair" Eleanor said all panicked.

"Is she not here?"

"No she left with Dorota and I can't find her"

"She's ignoring all our calls" Eleanor's new boyfriend said.

"Let me try" Maddie said quickly shooting a text to Blair asking where she was.

A text instantly came back with Blair's location.

"She's on 5th and 72nd street" Maddie informed.

"Thank you" Eleanor said quickly grabbing her coat and sprinting out the door.

"I think there is a dinner we can go eat at" Maddie said heading to the elevator to leave.

Maddie and Adrian walked hand in hand to the only diner open in all of Manhattan. It was a nice fall day, days like this don't come around too often.

As they walked in they were met with a surprise. Lily and Eric were seated at a table enjoying what seemed to be fried while looking over some files with their names on it.

"Happy Thanksgiving" Maddie greeted as she walked up to the two.

"Oh Madeline, hi. What are you doing here?"

"Long story"

"Well I would say you could join us but we were about to leave" Lily said ushering Eric up from his seat.

"Mom" Eric whispered. She shook her head no.

"Maddie, Bart kept files on all of us... including you. I think you should have it" Eric said retrieving the file that was seated next to him.

"Just know we had nothing to do with it" Lily said before leaving with Eric. Maddie held the file in her hand starring at her name written across the top.

She sat down at the table Lily and Eric were just seated at forgetting about Adrian in that moment.

She peaked inside to see the Ostroff Center medical records in there amongst other things. A file on Carter Baizen and her arrest/ charge with being intoxicated. Many things from her past.

As she swiftly moved around the papers a label titled Greece caught her eye. As she pulled it out it had information pertaining to a island with property owned by both Bass and Rose.

Letters from royal family of Greece also inside asking for the land back. Letters with threatening words.

She quickly shoved it back into the folder.

"Are you using me? Trying to destroy my relationship with the Bass family in hopes that we sever ties and give back the island?" Maddie asked outraged.

"No I would never" Adrian said in a sweet convincing voice.

"Than what's this?" Maddie asked as she whipped out a paper. A letter from his father explaining the details of Maddie, her interests, background, friends and most importantly soon to be enemy Chuck Bass.

"You weren't suppose to find that. How did you even get it?" Adrian asked trying to grab it from her grip. She pulled pack and put it into the folder for safe keeping.

"My father had heard you were traveling alone after having your heartbroken. Figured you were vulnerable especially with the Bass family. Decided this would be the best time to claim back what is ours" Adrain spat.

"We are done" Maddie shouted grabbing her bag and folder. leaving at once.

Maddie not looking back at once headed to her penthouse to review the contents of the folder.

Sprawled our across her bed was every little bit of information imaginable about Maddie. Her grades, her many outings with friends on the weekends and it included the school change in 3rd grade due to her father unliking the teacher.

Bart Bass had more information on Maddie than she could even remember about herself. Frustrated with the information in front of her she quickly pushed it all back into the folder and tucked the folder away for safe keeping.

Thanksgiving was now the worst holiday for Maddie. Never to be celebrated ever again.