p r o l o g u e

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected such a day to come.

Even right then, as I brisk walked across campus to the university sports hall, I was still trying to convince myself that this was pretty much the only option left.

I had tried every single solution possible and none of those had worked; from giving Cole the space he needed to trying to sit him down for a serious heart to heart.

He always claimed to be busy with classes and projects and football and I could totally understand that he would be, but was it too much to ask to have a quick meal together once a week?

The basketball court soon came into view and from where I was stood, I could see that the basketball players were in the midst of an intense match.

My eyes scanned the players until it landed on the one person I was looking for, Treyton Storm was dribbling the ball across the court at a speed which had his opponents struggling to keep up. Then, he stopped right outside the arc and shot a perfect three pointer.

Wow.

Some of the guys cheered while others groaned and playfully punched him, however, the laughing died down when one of them spotted me and pointed it out.

Treyton glanced over and I forced a smile as he frowned, definitely not expecting to see me of all people waiting at the side. He was hesitant at first but reluctantly jogged over when one of the guy pushed him forward.

"Hi Treyton." I greeted as he neared.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned, thick brows still furrowed, never one for beating around the bush.

I nervously twisted my fingers, "I need your help."

The frown deepend and I cut in before he could get a word out, "Look, it's about Cole. We...I mean-he...he's been distant lately and I don't know what's wrong."

"Talk to him?" Treyton replied matter of factly.

"I tried! I did everything I could think of but nothing's working. He always claims to either be studying, practising football or hanging with his friends. And when I ask to meet, he'd always say he has no time for me." My voice was getting lower as I speak and I peered intently at the pair of Air Jordan he had on.

"Look, this is clearly a problem I can't help you with. It's between the both of you."

I had expected him to say something along those lines, just not in such an unsympathetic tone.

"Please Treyton, you're his bestfriend! You can help me talk to him, figure out what's wrong. Please." I begged, staring at him with wide eyes full of earnest sincerity.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I can't."

I knew he wouldn't agree easily and I had never wanted to resort to what I have to do next, but he had left me with no other choice.

"Your eyes, pale as the blue sky on a warm spring day..."

He paused in his tracks and I took that as an encouragement to continue. "Your hair, golden as the rays of the shining sun..."

Treyton's eyes were now ready to pop out of their socket, looking at me like I had grown three heads.

"And your smile-"

A hand covered my mouth as Treyton rushed foward, effectively shutting me up.

"How did you know?" He muttered, glaring at me so hard I curled into myself a little internally.

Probably noticing the fear and realising he was preventing me from talking, he yanked his hand away and stepped back, still close enough that people passing by wouldn't have a chance to listen in.

"I'm sorry! You left me with no choice and I-I'm...sorry." My shoulders sagged with guilt.

"You should be!" He spat out. "Are you trying to blackmail me?"

I gave a nervous chuckle, "I guess?...Look, it was an accident! I didn't mean to pry, I was just passing by and heard some noise and..."

"And?" He proded.

"And...I saw everything."

"Saw what exactly?" He was pissed.

"I saw you confess to Sarah behind the library and...how she rejected you." I winced.

"How did you know about the...letter?" He asked bitterly.

"Um...well...I picked it up after you threw it on the floor." I confessed, the letter was crushed and torn into quarters but I had managed to piece it back with the help of sticky tape.

"I promise I won't show it to anybody! If you help me...and I'll...re-return it to you after."

Treyton cursed whilst grumbling incoherently under his breath. In the meantime, I took several steps back since the anger radiating off him was too much for me to handle.

When he had considerably cooled down, he turned to face me with a glower. "Fine. But you better keep your fucking promise Maverick."

I gulped, nodding my head fervently to reassure him that I would not show it to anyone, I wasn't intending to.

If this problem with Cole hadn't popped up, I wouldn't even have let Treyton know I had his letter.

With one last intimidating stare, Treyton stormed off, leaving me standing at the sidelines with cold sweat lining my forehead.

Well, that went well.

OKAY SO I CAN'T RESIST IT & SUCCUMBED TO THE TEMPTATION OF WRITING THE PROLOGUE, LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS💭

If you've come from Elite Rebels, "HEYY thank you so much for supporting this story<3"
If you haven't yet checked out my other book (Elite Rebels), be sure to check it out:D

I'm really excited for this new idea but will probably finish up my first book before starting on this one, I'm bad at multitasking LMAO XD

VOTE COMMENT & SHARE TO SHOW YOUR LOVE & SUPPORT<33

xoxo
xuan