Chapter 70

The next day, Jenna woke up with her hair in a deep shade of pink, and she had a hard time turning it back to blue.

     And when the four Potters sat down for breakfast along with Sirius, Jenna couldn't look at him without having to stop her hair from turning pink again.

And it certainly didn't help when each time their eyes connected, Sirius smirked down at her, causing Jenna to look away abruptly.

"What are you grinning at?" James raised a brow at him.

"Nothing," Sirius shrugged casually, putting a toast in his plate.

James's, which took after Fleamont's, looked messier than always whenever he woke up. But Sirius's slightly long black hair looked as elegant as ever, which was a matter of interest for Euphemia.

"Do you use some kind of potion for you hair, Sirius?" asked Mrs. Potter, eyeing him with amusement.

"No, I don't," he said, laughing.

"Oh, too bad." Mrs. Potter sighed. "I was really hoping that if you used anything for your hair, you could lend some to James. His hair never seems to stand neatly."

And by that, she raised her hands toward James, who was sitting next to her, and started trying to flatten his hair.

"Mum, geroff!" said James with a full mouth, trying to duck himself away from her struggling hands.

When she finally pulled away, James glared at her as he ran his hand through his jet-black hair, messing it up again.

"By the way, I heard your O.W.L results are arriving today," said Mr. Potter, pouring himself some coffee.

If it were anybody else, they would be freaking out at that sentence right now, stressing over their examinations' results.

Jenna was sure Lily was now practically pacing around their house, flapping her hands furiously as she waited anxiously for the results.

But as if they hadn't even heard Mr. Potter, the three Gryffindors just shrugged and went on with eating their breakfast.

"You three are a whole other level of calmness, I swear," Mrs. Potter shook her head at them with a smile.

But it was when they were cleaning out the breakfast table that Mr. Potter glanced out of the kitchen window, saying, "Oh, look! Here they come."

And sure enough, when Jenna poked her head out of the window, she saw three owls flying their way towards the manor, growing larger the closer they got.

"Three... one for each of us," she said, moving aside from the window as the owls started to fly inside the house.

The owls flew towards James, Jenna, and Sirius, holding out the envelopes to them. As soon as they got their letters from them, the three owls flew away and out of the kitchen window.

Feeling her heartbeat slightly speed up, Jenna started opening the envelope, excited to know how she had done; even though her results hardly mattered, if she was to accept Dumbledore's request.

And when she took out the parchment, she immediately started reading it through,

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Jenna Euphemia Potter has achieved:

Astronomy E
Care of Magical Creatures O
Charms O
Defense Against the Dark Arts O
Herbology O
History of Magic A
Potions O
Transfiguration O

"How did you kids do?" asked Mrs. Potter, taking the plates away and putting them in the sink with her wand.

"Not bad," Jenna shrugged, and then turned to James. "Here, let's swap."

Jenna gave him her parchment and took his, reading it to compare it with hers.

They had pretty much done the same, with the only difference that James had received an Exceed Expectation in History of Magic, which was a bit better than Jenna's mark.

When they checked Sirius's, he had gotten many Outstandings as well, with the slight difference that he had gotten an O in Astronomy.

"Ooh, well done!" said Mrs. Potter happily as she glanced down at each of their results. "Well, I expect your Hogwarts letters will arrive soon along with your new book lists. We'll go to Diagon Alley and we'll buy all three of you a present!"

"Th-the three of us?" Sirius said in a weak voice, blinking at her.

"Well, of course." Mrs. Potter smiled warmly at him. "You're part of the family now."

***

That night, when Jenna went back to her room after saying goodnight to her parents, she kept awake.

She was sitting on her bed against the headboard, drawing her legs to her chest as she stared behind her window, lost in thoughts.

She didn't have much time left to answer Dumbledore, now that the new school term was approaching soon.

She knew that Dumbledore wasn't forcing her into it, but after explaining what noble thing she would be a part of, Jenna couldn't help but feel tempted to join.

Her mission was to take place after leaving Hogwarts, which meant she still had two years left. But she had to start training now, which was why Dumbledore needed an answer from her right away.

Jenna didn't know what her training sessions would contain, but all she knew was that by accepting the mission, she would be risking everything, including her own life.

But even so, it meant that the Wizarding world would be much closer to being released from the Dark Side. It meant freedom and safety for everyone that she loved, and that was something worth fighting for.

So with that thought, Jenna sat behind her desk and took out a roll of parchment and a quill, and started writing to Dumbledore.

She had made up her mind. She was going to accept the mission.