fireflies | leopold vermillion x reader

Author's Note:

At a time like this, things are out of place. I'm just looking for some familiarity in life. Why not listen to a song that takes you back to simpler times?

This oneshot is very short, but I really wanted to update this book. Writing this sort of gave me comfort. I hope you find comfort in reading it. ❤️

Your Point of View:

Your Point of View:

I'm sitting in my bed with a massive birthday cake in front of me. Baby, it's got the whole package. I could practically hear the sugar eating away at my teeth, but just look at that frosting! It'd be stupid not to indulge in this gift from the heavens. Sighing in content, I pick up my fork elegantly and reach for the sweet treat. But before my tastebuds are blessed, a lion cub pounces on me-

"Ah!" I shrieked, jumping from my sleeping position.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to startle you, I swear!" Leopold apologizes.

I don't even say anything. I just sit there in a daze with puffy eyes and messy hair. There are no words for this boy right now.

"(Y/n)...?" he hesitates.

I shift my head in his direction, eerily staring him down. My eye twitches.

"Leo. It's two in the morning," I drone. "Tell me what you want before I hurt you."

Sheepishly, he grins at me. "I have to show you something."

"At two in the morning?" I grumble, still in a daze.

"Yeah, now come on! I don't wanna miss it!" he beams, taking my hand and dragging me out of bed.

He leads me away from the comfort of my room and into the hallway. We scurry down the stairs and he brings me to the garden. I hug myself, feeling a cool breeze. Leo sees this and pulls me closer. That's when he points up at the sky.

"Woah..." I muttered in awe.

Above us, an abundance of fireflies hover around. I reach my hand out to them, wanting nothing but to join them.

"Leo...there's gotta be like ten million of them!" I marveled.

"Yeah, maybe," he smiles. "Wanna get a closer look?"

"Of course!"

Leo walks off for a second, only to return with a broom.

"Let's fly, then!"

He hops on first, lending me his hand. I get on the broom and hold onto his torso as he sets it in motion.

We rise up to greeted with an amazing view. Not only are the fireflies mesmerizing, but the lake is beautiful. It's reflecting their glow.

And as I'm taking it all in, a thought crosses my mind.

"Hey, Leo?"

"Yeah?"

"...Why'd you bring me here?" I ask. "This was really thoughtful of you."

Leo looks at me and glances back at the lake.

"I don't know. When I saw them outside my window, my first instinct was to tell you. I couldn't enjoy this alone," he admits.

I continue to study his facial features, admiring everything I see. And with not a moment to lose, I tenderly kiss his cheek.

"Thank you, Leo."

His face is beet red, but he manages to quickly say, "You're welcome, (Y/n). Anything for you."

End.

Author's Note:

My last day of school is in three days. I'm finna write some fanfic.

Word Count: 550