Chapter 8

Chapter 8 

"What?" Caleb asked in shock, "Why?"

"I just can't, sorry" Bella replied, "I can't do the wedding"

"Bella, what the hell! Why can't..." Caleb inquired in anger.

"I just can't. Please, just forget about all these" Bella hung up before Caleb could speak again. She was crying and it was difficult for her to make him understand why she didn't want it, even if it would have helped her to gain everything back.

After she had hung up, Caleb had tried to call her many times, but she didn't pick up the phone. She was too depressed, crying her eyes out because even after all these years, her mother had not stopped hating her for everything.

An hour later, as Bella lay on her couch, still sobbing and cursing her fate, her door bell rang. It kept on ringing until she finally decided to walk up and open the door.

As soon as she unlocked the door, she saw Caleb standing outside, tension covered all over his face,

"Caleb?" Bella asked in her groggy voice, "What are you doing here this late at night?"

"Why do you want to cancel the wedding?" Caleb asked, panting heavily since he had ran up the stairs, "What is the matter? Why would you back out now?"

"About that, I'm sorry. I will marry you" Bella said, looking at him, "I'm sorry about that sudden phone call. I wasn't thinking at all. I will marry you"

"What?" Caleb asked and then sighed as if relieved, "Is this some kind of a joke to you? Once you agree, then disagree, then again... Can you for heaven's sake be ever serious about anything?!"

"I am serious!" Bella snapped, "I said am sorry. I will marry you. Now will you please leave, I am not in the mood to talk!"

"Why did you cancel it then?" Caleb asked, assessing her dreary face.

"Nothing. Some personal stuff" Bella said softly, trying to control back the tears that theatened to come out, "Please, leave now" She tried to close the door as Caleb was still standing outside.

"Wait, why are you crying?" Caleb asked while pushing the door open, "Bella, let me in"

"What the hell" Bella yelled at him, tears coming out as she tried to push the door close, "Get out, Caleb"

Bella's strength was nothing compared to Caleb's, and at last the she gave up, stepping back. 

"What do you want?" She cried out, covering her face within her hands.