» 61

"I love you Hyuna," Jaemin said sweetly, his words lingering in the air.

Hyunas heart was racing expeditiously as those four words rang through her mind.

She felt happy, ecstatic, but also a little scared- and so was he.

One had a betrayed love and one had never loved before.

But the words Jaemin said meant everything, he truely loved the girl and felt as though she fell into his life for a reason. She complimented him perfectly, in every sense possible.

He loved the small things about her; the way her hair flowed with the wind, how her mouth would be agape when she was concentrating on something and her tongue would push against the inside of her cheek.

How when she saw a small animal or bug she'd fawn over it, eyes softening when she saw children playing and how she did a little dance in excitement every time she ate ice cream.

The two balanced each other out perfectly, like puzzle pieces, slotted together is a system of happiness and raw emotion.

"You don't have to say it back, I can wait. Please don't feel pressure to say it, I want you to say it when you're ready." Jaemin pulled away, hands still cupping her cheeks as his thumb stroked circles against the high of her cheek bone.

His hands felt warm and secure against her face as she looked up into his deep brown eyes. They held so much kindness, so much comfort. She often found herself lost in them, endless pools of warmth left her feeling complete.

Hyuna leant into his hand, cheek squishing softly as her hand comes up to lay on top of his.

"Thank you Jaemin," she said quietly into the rain. Her insides felt warm and fuzzy, never knowing what love felt like until now, and her mind could not stop racing.

As the minutes ticked by, the air started becoming colder and the rain still falling started to become harsher. The two looked at each other, eyes widening as the rain became heavier.

"Yeah, I think it's time we should leave, love." Jaemin said, reaching down to grab her hand as the two started running through the streets, laughter vibrating through their chests and into the cold breeze consuming the city.

But as the wind and rain grew stronger, they decided to take refuge in a quaint book store that was open.

They stumbled into the building, the smell of old books lingered in the air as the warmth of a nearby fireplace illuminated the vintage store.

An old lady came walking out from the back room. Hand grasping onto a book as she made her way to them.

"Sorry for intruding, we were just trying to get out of the rain, where you closing?" Jaemin said, hand still holding onto Hyunas as droplets of rain fell down their cold, red stained faces.

"Oh, it's fine dears. Pull up a chair next to the fire, we don't want you to be sick now." Her voice was smooth, aged like fine wine as she lead them over to a few couches that surrounded the fireplace.

The two continued to stand not wanting to dampen her chairs. The old lady took notice of this as she quickly hurried out the back. The two exchanged a confused look before the lady came back out with two towels.

"Here you go," she said, handing over the towels which they accepted with a bow. The two started to dry themselves off.

"Thank you very much," the two said in unison.

"Please, sit." The lady insisted, to which the two followed, sitting down on the couches.

"I'll go grab you two some tea."